Browser History

• I would like to see if possible in future releases the option to clear temp (history, cookie, media content) files when exiting of Vivaldi like Opera presto had, helps cut down on temp files. Really love this web browser keep up the good work. :)

I dont think there will be such deletion page for more granularity, Vivaldi uses the clear browser data interface of Chromium like (Chrome, Iron or Opera Stable).
    But i dont know yet, perhaps some Finals later Vivaldi will get this like old Opera or an other interface for clearing browser data.

• @ParadiseWarriorGamer:

I would like to see if possible in future releases the option to clear temp (history, cookie, media content) files when exiting of Vivaldi like Opera presto had, helps cut down on temp files. Really love this web browser keep up the good work. :)

That's not necessary; the click and clean extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clickclean/ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod is able to do that…
    Just add it to vivaldi, go to options, and check "clear private data when chrome closes" and then when you close vivaldi, click and clean will clear all the items that you checked at the top of the options list.... :)

Hope that helped~ ;)

• @werty8763:

… the click and clean extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/clickclean/ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod is able to do that...
    Just add it to vivaldi, go to options, and check "clear private data when chrome closes" and then when you close vivaldi, click and clean will clear all the items that you checked at the top of the options list...

Hmm. Though the Click&Clean (v8.7) extension itself installed, I'm not getting its 'options' button to open to anything on-screen. The various other buttons all open their respective function tabs and perform those functions correctly, but none of the buttons' corner gear-wheel options open anything either… hence it's not possible to pre-set any choices for browser closing, etc. I'm not sure if it's a "Vivaldi thing", a Win7 UAC thing, a stand-alone Vivaldi installation thing, or an extension install that simply refuses to fully complete.

When I attempt to install the extension, its installer reaches the ~90% point and asks to download an additional *.msi widget to allow access for cleaning other things on the computer's main drives, etc. I've got the system set up not to allow such executable-type downloads with system access via my browsers (for security purposes), so I skip that part like the installer permits, and the installation then completes... but the options won't function, as described earlier. It seems like the extra *.msi app/file shouldn't affect the basic operation of the extension itself (regarding the 'options' issue), so it's unclear just what's going wrong (over multiple install attempts).

In any case, the tool still seems to be quite useful for manually clearing caches, cookies (while auto-preserving selected ones, especially for log-ins, etc), history,and so on. My hope is that at some point, this kind of fine-grained control will become a standard part of the Vivaldi browser itself so that an extension won't be needed.

• What?? :huh:
    Mine is working perfectly….. :dry:
    I suggest you reinstall the extension (and, like you said, you don't have to install the extra .msi widget, I didn't install it either ;))
    But vivaldi does have some issues with extensions; there are times when the click and clean button does not work AT ALL...
    In those instances I have to restart vivaldi, then they start working again.....strange..... :S

• @werty8763:

What?? :huh:
    Mine is working perfectly….. :dry:
    I suggest you reinstall the extension (and, like you said, you don't have to install the extra .msi widget, I didn't install it either ;)) ....

Very curious indeed! I deleted Click&Clean, disabled Ghostery (my only other extension), closed Vivaldi, restarted Vivaldi, and reinstalled Click&Clean (without the extra .msi widget)… the result was exactly the same as before: any attempt to use the C&C option button or the option feature in several button corners produces -- exactly nothing! If I open Vivaldi's extension list and select "options" for the C&C extension, what appears to be a webpage flashes for a few milliseconds in a new tab entitled "chrome-ext..." whose tab title momentarily changes to "Software to Ma..." for another few milliseconds, whereupon the new tab closes and is replaced by a fair-sized completely black window with a gray frame entitled "Software to Make Your Life Better," overlaid on top of Vivaldi's extension list tab page. Otherwise, the individual buttons all seem to work properly in a manual mode (except for any ability to use their options, if any).

It seems either having Vivaldi installed as a stand-alone version or something in my Windows setup is causing "option" problems with this extension. (Vivaldi 1.0.435.29 Developer Build 32-bit, installed stand-alone on the main hard-drive; Win7-64 SP1; Click&Clean 8.7)

UPDATE: Just for giggles, I went back to an earlier stand-alone Vivaldi version on the same system (1.0.403.17 from late February), installed Click&Clean 8.7, and it worked perfectly - options and all! So... I figured I'd download an entirely new, fresh copy of Vivaldi 1.0.435.29 into a new stand-alone installation with nothing imported from an older version; then I installed Click&Clean 8.7 and -- all its options once again failed to appear !!!

"Houston, we have a problem" -- and I think it's in at least the latest version. What Vivaldi version are you using?

• I'm using the latest snapshot (1.0.435.29), but I installed mine (it's not a standalone version)
    How about trying it on a normal version and not a standalone version?? It might work… ;)
    If not, we have a problem.... :dry:

• @werty8763:

I'm using the latest snapshot (1.0.435.29), but I installed mine (it's not a standalone version)
    How about trying it on a normal version and not a standalone version?? It might work… ;)
    If not, we have a problem.... :dry:

I think I'll wait on the first 'stable' version before I try that. I normally keep all browser 'developmental' versions installed as stand-alone, on general principles of avoiding the registry impacts of questionably-stable software. But thanks for the input… at least I have a sense now of what is happening with the extension. :)

UPDATE: Well, I just installed the new "final" VIvaldi 1.0 (1.0.435.40, 32-bit, all-users) as a 'normal' installation, immediately installed the Click&Clean 8.7 extension before doing any other kind of Vivaldi customization or data/file importing, and C&C still can't perform any 'option' functionality at all… it (mal)functions exactly as it did in the last stand-alone install I described earlier. Yet there stands my experience yesterday with the same C&C version installed into my stand-alone Vivaldi 1.0.403.17 Snapshot version and which works perfectly with all its options... same computer, same user account, same everything (except the Vivaldi version). It's all quite baffling... :S :blink: "Houston, we really do have a problem..."

• Yep, still doesn't work XD

This on address bar

chrome-extension://ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod/cleaner.html
    ```try before to open in windows (you see options for a moment), than launch an empty popup with ext. name and black background

On web panel you see a bad rendered background but it's still empty

With this you see only white background

chrome-extension://ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod/_generated_background_page.html

Second page, according devtools, says

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
    extensions::uncaught_exception_handler:8 Error in response to tabs.query: Error: Invalid value for argument 1. Property 'height': Value must not be less than 0.
    at Object.callback (chrome-extension://ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod/bg.js:9:359)
    at p (chrome-extension://ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod/bg.js:9:51)
    at H (chrome-extension://ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod/bg.js:10:1)handler @ extensions::uncaught_exception_handler:8
    http://localhost:27077/mc/000E Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
    extensions::uncaught_exception_handler:8 Error in response to tabs.query: Error: Invalid value for argument 1. Property 'height': Value must not be less than 0.
    at Object.callback (chrome-extension://ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod/bg.js:9:359)
    at H (chrome-extension://ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod/bg.js:10:1)handler @ extensions::uncaught_exception_handler:8
    6http://localhost:27077/mc/000E Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
    4extensions::uncaught_exception_handler:8 Error in event handler for runtime.onMessage: TypeError: Cannot read property 'url' of undefined
    at H (chrome-extension://ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod/bg.js:10:99)handler @ extensions::uncaught_exception_handler:8
    http://localhost:27077/mc/000E Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
    2http://localhost:27077/mc/000E Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
    extensions::uncaught_exception_handler:8 Error in event handler for runtime.onMessage: TypeError: Cannot read property 'url' of undefined
    at H (chrome-extension://ghgabhipcejejjmhhchfonmamedcbeod/bg.js:10:99)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.