Bookmarks import

• First thing this newbie looked for was a way to import my bookmarks from Chrome. Couldn't find one.

• Never mind – found it.

• Did it work for you? I found the import option, but it won't import Chrome–just hangs. IE import works, but I don't have anything in IE, so...

• Worked fine. Not very intuitive, though. I expected the second box to bring up the file chooser, but clicking there did nothing – I had to click the import button to get the chooser.

• How can I import bookmarks from Opera 15+ (Chromium)? The extension is not .adr (as in Opera 12) & there is no way of exporting from Opera to .html. Also, is there a way - or are you considering - to import speed-dial from Opera to Vivaldi?

• @nutcracker:

How can I import bookmarks from Opera 15+ (Chromium)? The extension is not .adr (as in Opera 12) & there is no way of exporting from Opera to .html. Also, is there a way - or are you considering - to import speed-dial from Opera to Vivaldi?

To import from Opera 15 and higher you could go via Chrome. Bring your bookmarks file from Opera to Chrome and export it from Chrome into an html file which you can in turn import into Vivaldi.

Maybe check this: Import bookmarks from Opera 15 and higher into Vivaldi TP

• Imported my bookmarks from Firefox on windows 8.1 machine

• People like you drive me mental…post a problem...say "nevermind solved it"....don't post how.

• @hap124:

People like you drive me mental…post a problem...say "nevermind solved it"....don't post how.

If you're having trouble importing your bookmarks, try File > Import Data or Speed Dial > Bookmarks > Import

If doing that makes your browser crash (as it appears this is becoming increasingly common), try following these steps in another thread.

• @hap124:

People like you drive me mental…post a problem...say "nevermind solved it"....don't post how.

That's ridiculous. Being a moderator at Tom's Hardware, I can tell you for a fact that users posting HOW they solved their issue is almost certainly a good way for other members who come along later to find solutions to their problems. Google is going to index the thread anyhow, might as well have something useful on the page. In reality it's people like you that drive others mental. If you are so bothered, just click "back" and go on with your day. Seems simple enough to me.

@darkbreeze:

@hap124:

That's ridiculous. Being a moderator at Tom's Hardware, I can tell you for a fact that users posting HOW they solved their issue is almost certainly a good way for other members who come along later to find solutions to their problems. Google is going to index the thread anyhow, might as well have something useful on the page. In reality it's people like you that drive others mental. If you are so bothered, just click "back" and go on with your day. Seems simple enough to me.

I understood hap124 to be saying that people who post a problem and then say "nevermind, fixed it" without saying HOW the problem was fixed, drive him mental.

• There may be other ways, but you can do it like this:

[ol]

• Hit + to open a new tab; Speed Dial opens
    • Select 'Bookmarks' from the buttons at the top of the new tab
    • Select 'Import' and follow the prompts,
      [/ol]
      (Thought I'd add this since no-one else had!).

Chris.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.