Speed dial and address bar

• Hi, the thing is this.I want to disable speed dial for good and by that i mean that when i click new tab instead of speed dial i want my home page or a black page. Also, i want to disable the interface showing when loading a page.The blue bar is fine, but the 20/20 loaded (number of things loaded) and the amount that was loaded (1,2 mb and so on) have to go. Is there any way to disable these?Thanks One more thing, why za hax when i open the browser it opens both my home page and the speed dial?I don't want that shit

• @nanowatt:

Hi, the thing is this.I want to disable speed dial for good and by that i mean that when i click new tab instead of speed dial i want my home page or a black page.
    Also, i want to disable the interface showing when loading a page.The blue bar is fine, but the 20/20 loaded (number of things loaded) and the amount that was loaded (1,2 mb and so on) have to go.
    Is there any way to disable these?Thanks

One more thing, why za hax when i open the browser it opens both my home page and the speed dial?I don't want that shit

I think that would be better to respect the developers and other people involved work, writing a polite request instead of such kind of message.

• @The_Solutor:

@nanowatt:

Hi, the thing is this.I want to disable speed dial for good and by that i mean that when i click new tab instead of speed dial i want my home page or a black page.
    Also, i want to disable the interface showing when loading a page.The blue bar is fine, but the 20/20 loaded (number of things loaded) and the amount that was loaded (1,2 mb and so on) have to go.

One more thing, why za hax when i open the browser it opens both my home page and the speed dial?I don't want that shit

I think that would be better to respect the developers and other people involved work, writing a polite request instead of such kind of message.

No disrespect was intended, i got frustrated and well, i fucked up.What frustrates me is the fact that they have done such a good job so far and vilvaldi is showing promising, but they forgot the little things that really matter for the common user.I am sure i am not the only one complaining about what i said above and the fact that i can't fix them, it frustrates me more than anything else.I know they can fix it and i know it would be really easy for them to just put like some kind of option in the settings to disable that stuff.I am sure they will fix it, i want them to fix it, because i like the browser and i don't want to change it just for those minor things.
    Sorry again, i didn't want to be so mean.

• @nanowatt:

No disrespect was intended, i got frustrated and well, i fucked up.What frustrates me is the fact that they have done such a good job so far and vilvaldi is showing promising, but they forgot the little things that really matter for the common user.I am sure i am not the only one complaining about what i said above and the fact that i can't fix them, it frustrates me more than anything else.

Sorry but where's the problem on having an info displayed for half a second? Anyway vivaldi is all about the customization and options, man y options will come after the V1 release, "fixing" is for something broken, and that feature is not.

In the meantime you can take a look to the customization thread, you will find useful infos there

I want to disable speed dial for good and by that i mean that when i click new tab instead of speed dial i want my home page or a black page.

The SD was probably one of the best Opera inventions. Vivaldi one's needs more love from devs, not to be disabled.

Anyway, yes that is a (known) bug, not an high priority one given most of the users just restores the last session ore use the SD as the main page

That said, you can find here my instructions to replace the SD with another one. Just use a blank page or whatever you like. instead of FVD speed dial I mentioned there.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/4377-vivaldi-and-speed-dials

@nanowatt:

For now you can use the setting to "open with specific page(s)" and type your home page address into the address box for that setting, and it will open your home page only without the additional speed dial page. As of now, you can also turn speed dial into a black page if you wish. Just set it to open a folder with no bookmarks in it, set the "+" sign not to appear, and then select a background image that is a black or white picture (or a scenic picture if you wish).

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.