Vivaldi.net site speed.

• Could we please get an answer, once and for all, from someone in the know. The response time on Vivaldi.net is extremely slow. Always has been. It's frustrating. Is anyone looking into this? Yes, I realize it may cost money. But what are the future plans?

A new forum software is already tested by us behind the scenes.
    It will come, better and faster.

I wonder: will it address what appears to be a built-in latency concerning all-sites-Vivaldi? It's as though Vivaldi websites are being relayed by satellite, but instead of the satellite being parked at the standard geostationary orbit of 20,000 miles, it is instead at 40,000 miles above the earth, and the signal is taking 1.5 seconds to make the round trip.

• Try https://www.mybb.com I really like it.

• Just to revive this topic a little bit: I came across vivaldi.club site and becuse it is in a language I don't understand I cannot tell if this is managed by the Vivaldi team or not but the website has some visual features along with an amazing response speed against current Vivaldi.net. And I don't mean the forum but the blog page on Vivaldi.net which I check for snapshot updates is much faster on Vivaldi.club. Any info what is it about and why is it faster?

vivaldi.club is a private site and not maintained by Vivaldi technologies.

• Gwen … some time ago you said "A new forum software is already tested by us behind the scenes.
    It will come, better and faster.".

When is it coming?

Heh heh! It will arrive the same time EVERYTHING on one of Jon's projects arrives - WIR. When it's ready.

It is not complete yet.
    I have no timeline.

• It's been 3 months and nothing has changed.

I'll check back in 6 months. I'm not optimistic.

It really is actively being worked on. It's just a big project.

• nice to know you are working on something new…we will wait :)

• "We will wait".

Some will. Most won't.

• September 6 2016. No difference. Still pathetically slow.

Maybe I'll try in a year or two again.

• September 24, 2016 - site and forum slower than the slowest. :whistle:

Maybe things will change in 2020… :woohoo:

• Bad propaganda for Vivaldi

Vivaldi

Support forum of Vivaldi

• There might be at least one advantage to a slow forum.

It gives you plenty of time to think and re-think before posting, 'cause, you really don't feel like waiting another 2 minutes to refresh the forum page now, do you? :lol:

• I just wanted to add that this forum for me is fast, I don't really know what the ppl above are talking about.
    Maybe slow internet connection? Then no wonder. Everything is slow on 56k

• @iAN CooG:

I just wanted to add that this forum for me is fast, I don't really know what the ppl above are talking about.
    Maybe slow internet connection? Then no wonder. Everything is slow on 56k

The current engine is surely the slowest engine I ever faced in almost two decades, the internet connection speed has little to do with it

And, of course, a new and faster forum engine is on the way.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.