A couple of questions

• Hi there, I recently switched to Vivaldi and so far I like what's being done with it, it's appearance is astounding! However, I have a couple of questions and I'd appreciate any help I get. Firstly, I'd like to know if there's a similar feature to Firefox's "about:config". I really like to customize my browsers down to the core. Secondly, when using page theme coloration for the User Interface, it seems the default color is Red, Is there a way to change this to a color of my choice? Thirdly, could someone explain to me the difference between the Beta and Snapshot packages? Thanks - Silentnode

@silentnode:

Hi there,

I recently switched to Vivaldi and so far I like what's being done with it, it's appearance is astounding! However, I have a couple of questions and I'd appreciate any help I get.

Firstly, I'd like to know if there's a similar feature to Firefox's "about:config"; I really like to customize my browsers down to the core.

Secondly, when using page theme coloration for the User Interface, it seems the default color is Red, Is there a way to change this to a color of my choice?

Thirdly, could someone explain to me the difference between the Beta and Snapshot packages?

Thanks

• Silentnode

Be aware there is vivaldi://flags
    Also chrome://settings/search#a
    See this thread: https://vivaldi.net/forum/all/3073-vivaldi-ui-customisations
    And this one: https://vivaldi.net/forum/all/8453-bundle-js-modding

Otherwise, the browser is in its infancy and although there are several settings available right in the UI, there are sure to be tons more in time.

At this time, the emphasis is on achieving a first stable "Final" version, and then more work will be put in to features and customizations. In the meantime, several tweaks are available to the skillful and the brave, though none are sanctioned or recommended by the developers, because they involve getting down into the guts of the browser where you can cause yourself some real issues if you screw up. Also, the Vivaldi license frowns on modifying the actual code of the browser

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.