Why would Soundcloud not work?

• Hello everyone, I have just switched to Vivaldi, and I am loving it! However, one thing really bothers me. I listen to Soundcloud a lot, and at first it worked on Vivaldi. But then all of a sudden, it just stopped working on Vivaldi. I first thought it could be an extension I'm running Ghostery. Ghostery sometimes blocks the webplayer from other websites. So I disabled Ghostery on Soundcloud, Needless to say, that did not work. When I try to access Soundcloud, it comes up with this screen that says my connection is unstable or my browser is not updated. I have included a picture below of the error message Soundcloud displays. I really don't want to stop using Vivaldi, but I really like my music. Thanks for helping! -beargreasey Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/75692/Soundcloudshenanigans..png[/img]

• (Still) Works for me -
    Vivaldi 1.0.425.3 (Developer Build) (64-bit) [Win 10 64 bit]
    Flash - (Chrome/Pepper) 21_0_0_182

I have Ghostery (and Ublock Origin) enabled.

Perhaps you could include some details of your config?

• I think I am using the 32 bit on Win 10 64 bit. I just downloaded it off of the main link on the website.
    I am using 21.0.0.182 for flash.
    I'll include links below.
    After I first saw this, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that did not work either.

Thanks for the response!
    Attachments:

• Then you are most likely using Vivaldi Beta 3. You say soundcloud worked okay "for a while" before giving you the error. Perhaps soundcloud have updated/broken something (like their browser checking).

As the version of Vivaldi I am using still works, you could try it (there were some changes made to the browser id handling needed for Netflix and others).
    It is the latest "snapshot" which is available from https://vivaldi.net

Note: Snapshots are NOT stable releases and may cause unknown problems - but as I say, I and many others on the forums use them ;-)

• With version 1.0.435.24 Soundcloud also does not work (when clicking "play" it does nothing except showing an animated dots gif as for waiting something). Don't know what Vivaldi version that is (developer, programmer, experimental, extraterrestrial, etc.), it has just asked me for updates a few times in the last few weeks (which I accepted each time).

How is this supposed to conquer the market ?

Cristi

• Soundcloud is still working for me - Windows 10 64 / Vivaldi 1.0.435.26 (Developer Build) (64-bit)
    You should have got the same snapshot update, today. I didn't get a chance to try it with Vivaldi 1.0.435.24 :)

• I updated to 1.0.435.26 – no change (i.e. Soundcloud does not work).
    I deleted completely C:\Users\secarica\AppData\Local\Vivaldi directory, so Vivaldi started "as new" – no change.

I'm on Windows Vista 64bit (Vivaldi also 64bit), but that should not matter: Opera 36, also Chromium based, works fine there.

Anyway, back to Firefox :P

Cristi

• @secarica:

[…] Opera 36, also Chromium based, works fine there.

Hmm. Opera 36 is 32 bit. Will make test tomorrow – will delete Vivaldi 64bit and install the 32bit version. If any difference, will post the result.

Cristi

• Well, Vivaldi "should be" OK.
    As long as it is using the PPAPI version of Flash (check Tools/Plug-ins and click the "details" link near the top); then the only other "workaround" for other users has been to change the Hardware Acceleration.

Use chrome://settings/search#accel
    (assuming you have English windows :)

• Hmm. Some conclusions:
    [ul]

• I checked the plugins flash version - it was NPAPI only
    • I downloaded/installed explicitly the PPAPI version from here – no change
    • I uninstalled Vivaldi completely, then reinstalled again, same 64bit version – now both PPAPI and NPAPI showed in plugings, but Soundcloud still didn't worked, even if I deactivated the NPAPI plugin version
    • I uninstalled Vivaldi completely, then reinstalled again, but 32bit version – now Soundcloud works as it should, with both PPAPI and NPAPI enabled
      [/ul]
      This bug is something relatively new, as in the past (more than 3-4 weeks ago) I used Soundcloud without problems and I always used the 64bit version.

I suspect that an average user will never go through the above experimental steps to get the things working…

Cristi

For me Soundcloud works fine with Vivaldi 1.0.435.26 (64-Bit) and FlashPlayer 21.0.0.197 (PPAPI ) on Windows 10x64

• @secarica:

[ul]

• I uninstalled Vivaldi completely, then reinstalled again, but 32bit version – now Soundcloud works as it should, with both PPAPI and NPAPI enabled
      [/ul]

To avoid problems/conflicts, I would recommend that you disable the NPAPI plug-in.

@secarica:

This bug is something relatively new, as in the past (more than 3-4 weeks ago) I used Soundcloud without problems and I always used the 64bit version.

I suspect that an average user will never go through the above experimental steps to get the things working…

Cristi

I'm happy you got a solution and thanks for posting it.

However, as I stated above, like Gwen-Dragon I am using 64 bit version and do not have problems.

• I just had this issue.

The problem was using 64-bit Vivaldi with Hardware Acceleration DISABLED.

While it was disabled only a very limited selection of tracks would play on soundcloud. I assume it has something to do with soundcloud using different codecs? Enabling Hardware Acceleration made all tracks work again.

It would be nice if if could work with hardware acceleration disabled as having it enabled causes other issues with multiple screens and alt-tabbing from games.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.