New commands, fullscreen fixes and a Chromium bump – Vivaldi Browser snapshot 2406.4
@tbgbe: Ok, it is fixed for your 'old ass' distro now, in the new snapshot.
npro last edited by npro
@ruarí I wish we could use Discourse 'cause I just wanted to add this below:
First of all thank you very much for the quick and valid reply! Well, i would like to give a few hints in what i have learned in solving my problem and what might be useful for others.
- The culprit of the Private Window instant crashes was my very old Preferences file (411 kb big).
- Copy/Paste whole profiles including the registry key does not work.
- Import Bookmarks, History and Settings and Passwords in a clean new profile does not work as expected.
- If the old profile got corrupted over years, there is now no way to 'repair it', just leave it alone. What i have done is:
- Copy corrupt Profile-folder 'Default' to desktop; export registry key CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Vivaldi\PreferenceMACs\Default to desktop and replace in the reg file the Default with Profile 1:
- Export Passwords in csv (Flags enable 'Password import'), very important
- Delete my Standalone installation whole Vivaldi Folder and whole Vivaldi registry key; install new standalone snapshot and ticking make default; create new profile (it's always 'Profile 1' on a clean install); exit Vivaldi.
- Delete the 'Profile 1' reg key in Vivaldi and import my edited key in registry; rename the Default profile folder from Desktop to 'Profile 1' and copy to 'User Data'
- Launch Vivaldi; click on Default profile button and launch the the other profile: everything from the old corrupt Default profile is there, except Login Data of cause; exit Vivaldi.
- Copy Bookmarks and History from 'Profile 1' to the fresh new 'Default' profile. With the two Profiles side-by-side i redo in the new profile what i liked in settings, extensions, theme and so on in the faulty profile (not installation-wide flags, they don't survive this procedure, take a note before).
- Here is the thing
After applying almost all settings, extensions, theme and stuff from the corrupt profile in my new profile, the CPU usage is just a fraction of what it used to be on the faulty profile. This is true even with both profiles running. With 50+ tabs open combined in both profiles the CPU usage is around 0,4 percent when not typing. It was idle never below 7 percent before. Also, the AMD-GPU-bug is gone, meaning, my graphiccard resets always to normal state. My Vivaldi Browser is now way snappier and cooler on CPU than before (Preference file is just 39 kb); i am happy the Private Window crash occurred, which is now of cause not the case anymore (but still in the other corrupt Profile when i try it there).
- Yes, i have applied all my flags as they where before.
Enabled: #enable-gpu-rasterization, #username-first-flow, #PasswordImport, #omnibox-tab-switch-suggestions, #enable-parallel-downloading, #back-forward-cache