SOLVED // [win10] taskbar icon no menu? no jump list / options / missing new folder, incognito mode

• The vivaldi icon pinned to my taskbar does not have a menu like chrome has for directly starting incognito mode or even specific speed dials.. A photo i found here like i thought it would look like is to be found in this post: [url=https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser/6817-vivaldi-shortcut-not-showing-up-in-the-taskbar-folder-1-0-303-32-64b#45511]forum post[/url] my icon only has the options - vivaldi - unpin from taskbar - x close taskbar available :S maybe someone knows how to fix this issue? /// EDIT: problem solved, check out [url=https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser/9003-win10-taskbar-icon-no-menu/edit/50008#50080]SOLUTION[/url]

@w00t:

The vivaldi icon pinned to my taskbar does not have a menu like chrome has for directly starting incognito mode or even specific speed dials..

A photo i found here like i thought it would look like is to be found in this post:
    forum post

my icon only has the options

• vivaldi
    • unpin from taskbar
    • x close taskbar

available :S

maybe someone knows how to fix this issue?

Not sure why yours and mine are different. Mine offers new tab, new window, new private window, and eight different speed dials. I'm on Win 10.

The way my taskbar icon was made was that I waited until Vivaldi was open, and then I pinned the resulting icon to the bar. Since then I had to uninstall a broken version, install an earlier version, update to a later version, and all this time I never removed or replaced the icon on the taskbar, but it's possible one of the installs replaced it for me. However, I don't suffer that problem that some do when Vivaldi installs its own taskbar icon, of having two of them when Vivaldi is open (That's why I created mine the way I did).

• what happens to my settings, bookmarks and so on when uninstalling vivaldi?

what would be the best way to re-install it with directly installing the taskbar button?

If you uninstall it, nothing will happen to your settings.

Re-install will install over the same folders and pick up the settings like it was always there.

However, why don't you try first, just unpinning Vivaldi from the taskbar, opening it afterward and pinning the resulting icon, and see what happens? If that doesn't do it, then uninstall, delete the icon (or its remnant) and then re-installing while allowing it to set its own icon, should give you a standard taskbar icon with all options.

Edit: I just unpinned Vivaldi, closed it, went to the .exe in the program folder and opened it again, pinned the resulting icon, and I still have all options with right-click context menu on the taskbar icon.

• i tried that with simply unpinning in several kinds of ways unfortunately nothing happened…

guess its about the links/connections that are being set up during the installation process.
    i did not choose to create start menu and taskbar entries so im going to re-install and do it this time.

really hope the settings and everything will still be there when i open it again after re-install :D

thx Ayespy

• Thing is:

withing the installation process, i cant choose anything but language, which user and location?

when choosing one or all users, the desktop icon is created - but when pinning the program to the taskbar its exactly the same like it was before when installing it stand-alone..

[attachment=2871]vivaldi.jpg[/attachment]

so it did not help or change anything :(

are there any hidden settings within the installation process i did not see?

ALSO:
    when pinning the program to the start-menu, the icon was in the folder (under users/etc) BUT it did not appear in the start menu?

strange behavior :S
    Attachments:

• I kind of sorted it out myself and accidentally. Fiddled around for hours and in the end i guess its about the start-menu.

A shortcut to the vivaldi exe has to be stored in this folder:
    \Users***\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Then the vivaldi option is available under "All apps" in the start menu and could be dragged to the right side of the start menu to create a propper entry.

This link on the right side in the start menu ALREADY has got those options (called "jump list") by right clicking it.

Then simply open vivaldi, pin it to the taskbar ET VOILA

Maybe it helps somebody in the future…

@w00t:

I kind of sorted it out myself and accidentally. Fiddled around for hours and in the end i guess its about the start-menu.

A shortcut to the vivaldi exe has to be stored in this folder:
    \Users***\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Then the vivaldi option is available under "All apps" in the start menu and could be dragged to the right side of the start menu to create a propper entry.

This link on the right side in the start menu ALREADY has got those options (called "jump list") by right clicking it.

Then simply open vivaldi, pin it to the taskbar ET VOILA

Maybe it helps somebody in the future…

Count on a person who HAS the problem, to dedicate the necessary energy and persistence to SOLVE the problem.

• @Ayespy This doesn't work for me. There's still just the three options on the icon. The other browsers on my system all have jump lists.

A real solution would be appreciated.

@marcd7: I can't reproduce your problem here.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.