Vivaldi does not open any more and cannot be uninstalled either

• Hello there, For some reason I cannot open Vivaldi any more. I click on the icon and nothing happens. I thought that maybe by reinstalling it I could fix the problem, but another error occurred. When I tried to uninstall it, a window with the following error message popped up: "Please close all Vivaldi Windows (including those in Windows 8 mode) and try again" So I opened up the Task Manager and searched for any Vivaldi Tasks I could close, but I found none. Now i can neither use Vivaldi nor uninstall it... Does any one know a solution for my problem? Thank You!

• First of all, simply restart your PC. This should "unlock" all Vivaldi files and thus make it possible to uninstall it. If the browser crashed, there must be something going on with a "subprocess". In other words, something is still using Vivaldi's resources. This simple restart may fix the problem altogether and the browser may start normally.

If this doesn't work, start your system in diagnostic mode. Hell, I forgot how it was called in English. Just keep pressing F8 while your system is booting up and pick "safe mode" launch option or something like that. Damn, I'm developing Alzheimer's at the age of 30…
    This option will start the system only, i.e. no advanced drivers or apps will start. This way you can be sure that no Vivaldi files are in use. You should be able to easily uninstall it now.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.