V. 1.0.425.3 bugs/requests

• I know there's a bug report form, and maybe I'll get around to it one day, but, for now, there's too many persistent peeves and too little patience to fill it out. In the interim, my gripes and hopes: [i]bugs[/i] [ol] [li] video: (YT) arbitrarily excessive resource use (will more often than not get fans running); doesn’t play older videos, arbitrarily doesn’t play newer ones (YT). also, strange and inconvenient full screen behavior. if full screen video, ui elements don’t disappear; if full screen after first full screening browser itself, works as expected, but then esc exits both the video and browser full screen, so have to repeat process for next video, and all ui elements disappear. when full screen, mouse isn’t hidden.[/li] [li] random breaking of the arrow key scrolling, mac pg forward/back swiping gestures, cmd + ->, <- back/forward key shortcuts[/li] [li] new tab/window lag when typing in search bar, pages load slowly[/li] [li] takes way too long to initially launch/open new window, sometimes doesn’t launch at all, even when already running[/li] [li] won't open new window from dock app context menu [/li] [/ol] [i]features[/i] [ol] [li] autocomplete: is too aggressive. even when bookmarks aren’t favored, I type in one url and am sent to a completely different website with similar words (ex: play.google.com/store vs play.pocketcasts.com). I must also backspace to shorten a url i’ve visited before to get to the main page of a site when I should tab to complete a longer one, expanded in a light opacity.[/li] [li] batch tab "move to"; batch tab selection for stack creation; individual tab removal from stack; some way to change individual tab order in stack[/li] [li] tab volume icon disappears when tab is small enough/when the number of tabs is great and it is most useful, should replace site favicon when tab not in focus[/li] [/ol]

• @noahhln:

features
    [ol]

• autocomplete: is too aggressive. even when bookmarks aren’t favored, I type in one url and am sent to a completely different website with similar words (ex: play.google.com/store vs play.pocketcasts.com). I must also backspace to shorten a url i’ve visited before to get to the main page of a site when I should tab to complete a longer one, expanded in a light opacity.
      [/ol]

i can only stress this point - i type "youtube" and autocomplete fills the line with some url from history or bookmarks - even when i shorten it, vivaldi would never take me to the homepage.

There will be no bugfixes or updates to version 1.0.

• @mattiscb thanks for sharing this insight. Please post it here: https://vivaldi.net/forum/features-requests-for-1-4 or file a bug report on vivaldi.com/bugreport so that the dev team can consider it. We're closing this thread as the requests are from March with an outdated version. Thanks for being patient with us and using Vivaldi. :)

@mattiscb:

features
    [ol]

• autocomplete: is too aggressive. even when bookmarks aren’t favored, I type in one url and am sent to a completely different website with similar words (ex: play.google.com/store vs play.pocketcasts.com). I must also backspace to shorten a url i’ve visited before to get to the main page of a site when I should tab to complete a longer one, expanded in a light opacity.
      [/ol]

i can only stress this point - i type "youtube" and autocomplete fills the line with some url from history or bookmarks - even when i shorten it, vivaldi would never take me to the homepage.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.