Request: Session management and continuity

• This seems to be impossible for extensions since this hasn't yet been made. I would need this feature badly. In short: Option to Save, Resume, and most importantly automatically Update browsing session tabs. Long explanation: Current extensions can save tabs as a session with a custom title. But after the session has been restored, the tabs must to be saved as a new session, and renamed again with the same title. What would really make session management fluent would be if the browser would recognise and treat the browsing window as a session. Changes in the session (removed/added tabs) would be saved automatically. Example: I'm searching for a new car. I open tabs from eBay and local car stores. After browsing for a while I must leave, so I save the session with one click at a toolbar button. A new "Sessions" tab appears with a list of previously saved sessions, and options to: - Give the current session a title (can be untitled), with "Save and close the current browsing window" button next to it. Individual tabs can be removed before saving. - "Overwrite this session with current tabs". (Every previously saved session has this button.) + A checkbox for "Save tabs from current window only" or "Save all tabs and all windows". + A checkbox for "Close current window when saving" or "Leave the window and tabs when saving". I just start typing a title for the session: "New car" and hit Enter. The tabs are saved with a session title "New car", and the browsing window closes. The next day I have decided that Dodge Viper is no longer on my list of suitable cars but a Qashqai would be after all. I reopen the session by clicking the "Sessions" toolbar button and click the "Restore" button next to the session "New car". Session manager tab closes, and the "New car" tabs and scroll positions are restored with a "Session: New car, Auto-update on" text showing at the end of the tab bar. I remove the tabs with Dodge Viper in them, and open a new tab with a Qashqai. As auto save/update is enabled, I just close the window, and the "New car" session is updated with two removed and one added tab.

• Maybe the sessions could be represented as session bookmarks (sub-)folders (similar to the speed dial bookmark folder). Than it could be possible to easily and intuitively edit, update, manage and sync them. Or are there problems with this?

• @Saimondo:

Maybe the sessions could be represented as session bookmarks (sub-)folders (similar to the speed dial bookmark folder). Than it could be possible to easily and intuitively edit, update, manage and sync them. Or are there problems with this?

I haven't seen an add-on that updates bookmarks, so I'm a bit worried how automatic it would be. That's why nobody uses bookmarks for storing sessions, it takes too much effort.

Most session related add-ons show all tabs categorized as sessions as a default view, which to my mind is a lot more useful than if one would have to click to open a folder to see what's inside. I often just remove a single page or load a single page from a session without loading the session itself.

I don't think regular bookmarks store the page scrolling position, so it would need something special to handle that. Though, if the solution would otherwise be great, I know I would still use it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.