Show address bar only if focused on it

• Well, I have gotten pretty used to turning off the address bar thanks to vivaldi, but I seriously think if a feature could be implemented where the address bar will only appear if we focus on it (Ctrl or Cmd + L) then it would make life way easier. I understand that Vivaldi is getting a lot of bug fixes right now but I do not think it would be that hard to implement, right. What do you guys think?

• May be after first Final.

For me hiding well-known UI elements is not very user freindly. If Vivaldi would be a Mobile browser, that could have a use case, but for a desktop browser?

• @Gwen-Dragon:

May be after first Final.

For me hiding well-known UI elements is not very user freindly. If Vivaldi would be a Mobile browser, that could have a use case, but for a desktop browser?

There is never too much display space available, even on big screens. The feature to hide the taskbar for instance I always activate. I would love to see the tab bar and address bar hidden and automatically displayed when the pointer is moved to the top edge of the screen, just like it is done with the taskbar.

• In Opera 12.17 I even have the address bar showing in Fullscreen mode.

There's a good case for showing it on autohide when using fullscreen mode, but I don't think so otherwise.

• That would be very helpful too! The fullscreen mode is not usable for me because it doesn't have the essentials. Firefox does actually support auto hide in fullscreen.

• yes it would be great feature to hide URL and only show it when I needed, at least button, not Prefence-Settings option.

• @Gwen-Dragon Shortcuts are available. ALT+U toggles the bar (shortcuts, search and address as well as extension icons).

However, far more useful for 'cleaner' browsing is the shortcut to hide interface... mapped as a mouse gesture (for me using Easygesture, one stroke puts away everything except the side scroll and the top menu/window border). Good for side-by-side which I sometimes use.

• It's not so hard pushing f11 if you want all the space needed, and again to get the UI back

• +1 for the suggestion

• @abirwas I think you should use Quick Commands (F2) if you don't want to show the address bar.

I use a shortcut of Shift + F8 to toggle the address bar, and F8 to focus it, but very rarely hide it. Assigning related shortcuts would be better than using the same one for both actions.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.