[BUG] Blurred tab captions

• When I was setting up the browser, it seemed to me that fonts on some tabs look weird. Then I’ve tried to check them with a pixel font and took Terminus. Strange enough, but the native version – that is not a TTF font – couldn’t be applied, so I had to download a TTF version. After some fiddling with font size I’ve found that at 11 pt it looks like it should be, and that what seemed weird to me is really some bug causing blur. It wasn’t that clearly noticeable with #ccc color, so I’ve adjusted it to white, took a screenshot and magnified the image. Yes, it totally looks like a blur. Or a double. Note, how the top line is rendered perfectly and how the sharpness degrades to the bottom. Fix it, please? [img size=600]https://vivaldi.net/media/com_easysocial/photos/33220/92969/wtfblur_original.png[/img]

• Vivaldi Team

Thank you for pointing this out. I will have our UI designers look at it and report back what we find.,

//Christian - Vivaldi Technologies

• Vivaldi Team

Looking at this screenshot, I see several things that are blurred. Take a look at the icons in the toolbar, the padlock icon, all the panel icons etc.
    Have you used UI zoom, or changed any other appearance settings? Or some other zoom settings in the OS?

// Atle - Vivaldi Technologies

• @atlemo:

Looking at this screenshot, I see several things that are blurred. Take a look at the icons in the toolbar, the padlock icon, all the panel icons etc.
    Have you used UI zoom, or changed any other appearance settings? Or some other zoom settings in the OS?

// Atle - Vivaldi Technologies

Oh, it seems, I do. UI zoom was set to 110%. It was one of my initial changes to the settings several days before the reported bug, and I forgot about it. Now that I reset it to 100%, everything looks fine. After modifying common.css I will be happy without any zoom. It would be better, if custom CSS could be sourced from userspace, though.

• Vivaldi Team

I've tried to play around with UI zoom. I am not getting much blur even at 165% UI zoom. A little on the tabs and nothing in the bookmarks bar. The attached screen shot is at 165%. Could this be platform specific? I'm on Linux. The screenshot gets a bir more blurred when adding it here.

[attachment=2766]Screenshotfrom2016-03-0811-06-03.gif[/attachment]

//Christian - Vivaldi Technologies.
    Attachments:

• Here’s the About page from my Vivaldi.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.