No shortcut for open link in new tab for a link/keyword entered in the address bar?

• As a Chrome user, this is driving me crazy. I am too used to alt+enter keyboard shortcut and could not locate anything for this in Vivaldi. PS: Noticed that I can do what I want to do through the F2 popup. But alt+enter functionality in the address bar would be nice to have.

• I really wish people would stop claiming F2 is the solution to this problem, alt+enter for address bar, search bar and the combined search/address bar really needs to be implemented as you can't search from the F2 menu, at least as far as I know.

@NTripleOne:

I really wish people would stop claiming F2 is the solution to this problem, alt+enter for address bar, search bar and the combined search/address bar really needs to be implemented as you can't search from the F2 menu, at least as far as I know.

You can if you're using a default search engine other than Google for some reason. If Google is your default, it won't search with just the keyword for some reason.

• Well. I could not find an existing thread so I assumed that not many people use this feature. I was exploring the F2 feature and realized that I can use it for the same purpose for now.

I am coming back to Opera style browser after a very long time! I used Opera 12.x for a long time before giving up on it. So I am relearning a few things trying to switch from Chrome to Vivaldi for most of my online browsing requirements.

Cheerio. I hope alt+enter functionality is added to the browser. I assume this forum is where you post feature requests?

• yes we need alt+enter or an extension to open new tab from address bar

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.