Option to hide scroll bars

• You know, like in good ol' Opera. I never really have any reason to use them, so they only take up space. Mouse scroll wheel and auto-scroll FTW.

• Agreed, scroll bars are pretty useless in Opera. However, in Vivaldi they are actually useful if you do a Find in Page search.

The position of each occurrence of the search string is shown on the scroll bar.

An option to hide the scroll bars might be useful, but perhaps you may use Find in Page sometimes?

• Hmm, since the found search terms are being highlighted on the page, I don't miss the scroll bars. Maybe it should scroll to the next word instead of jumping to it directly, which would better allow you to keep track of where you are on the page.

But speaking of the page search, I like how Opera (go figure, I'm still on v12 :D ) dims out the rest of the page, so the highlighted words stick out better.

• @DanMan:

Hmm, since the found search terms are being highlighted on the page, I don't miss the scroll bars. Maybe it should scroll to the next word instead of jumping to it directly, which would better allow you to keep track of where you are on the page.

That's exactly what happens if you click on the markers on the scroll bar. F3 find next jumps straight there.

@DanMan:

But speaking of the page search, I like how Opera (go figure, I'm still on v12 :D ) dims out the rest of the page, so the highlighted words stick out better.

I am still using Opera 12.17 (note that 12.18 is the latest version now). I disabled the Dim Search Opacity by setting it to zero. I don't find it helps much at all, but it's good to have options to suit different users' preferences.

• I mean, even if the scrollbars were hidden, they could still bring it back up while you have a text search going. This, I wouldn't mind.

• @RRR13:

@Pesala:

(note that 12.18 is the latest version now)

NO WAY! You better not be kidding about this. I'm off to my PC to upgrade my long lost love. :D

DAMN! They took down the download page for older versions.
    But, are you talking about Opera for Windows or the one for Linux. I think I remember the Linux one getting one extra update back in the day.

Opera for Windows not for Linux.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.