Notes. I want to use it but I can't due to lack of features
bsweet last edited by
I WANT to use notes, but it lacks a lot. If if any of this is possible please point me in the right direction.
- Select text > Create Note> Opens the notes page with my new note versus the panel
- When opening the notes page I would like it to start a new note automatically so I can just start typing.
- Markdown: Select the list right click and make checklist
- Sub tab options for the notes would be helpful
- Save entire page as note.
There are plenty of markdown clients out their like QOwnNotes, and Joplin. I would love to use Vivaldi notes, but it just revert back. qOwnNotes can import vivaldi notes, but it doesn't really sync them. That would be cool if it did support a full sync however, I think that would require a bigger over haul on how Vivaldi stores notes.
@bsweet Welcome to the Community. Here are a few links for your bookmarks that you may find useful:
- Help on Feature Requests (One topic for each request is best)
- Vivaldi Help
- Forum Markdown Help
- Using the Forum Search
- Local Forums in your language
- Bug Reports
- Modding Vivaldi
- Web Panels
- Vivaldi for Android
- Snapshot vs Stable
- Vivaldi's Business Model
- You can assign a shortcut for Paste to New Note. Then copy the selected text and execute the shortcut to create a new note in the Note Panel.
- That could be annoying if you just want to edit or organise notes.
- You can already do this in the Note Editor, which has a formatting toolbar. The Note Panel is OK for basic editing.
- You can make folders for notes
- If you copy just a paragraph or a few words to a note, the link in the Notes Panel footer will take you back to the page. It will save bloating your notes, which will slow down performance.
- You can attach images as attachments to notes.