Session Management

• Hello! Is there a capability to select a subset of open tabs for saving as a session? I tend to keep loads of tabs open and they tend to be part of different areas of "work". I mean a feature similar to "workspaces" in KDE, where I have got 4 of those defined (one for internet browsing and mail, one for Libreoffice and PIM, one for command-line and editing, and the fourth for system-related things (like printer monitoring or system admin aspects). Regards from Salzburg P.S.: I love Vivaldi! I use it as my main browser on Linux and Windows. But - I also still use Opera 12 -- guess what for!!! B)

@hstoellinger:

Hello!
    Is there a capability to select a subset of open tabs for saving as a session? I tend to keep loads of tabs open and they tend to be part of different areas of "work". I mean a feature similar to "workspaces" in KDE, where I have got 4 of those defined (one for internet browsing and mail, one for Libreoffice and PIM, one for command-line and editing, and the fourth for system-related things (like printer monitoring or system admin aspects).
    Regards from Salzburg
    P.S.: I love Vivaldi! I use it as my main browser on Linux and Windows. But - I also still use Opera 12 – guess what for!!! B)

No, subset of tabs cannot be saved as a session yet, but a developer stated on the Blog yesterday that that capability is coming.

• I love that V now has some sessions capacity, & i know it will get progressively much more capable than now… but until then, i need to retain my OneTab & SessionBuddy extensions for their better [though far from perfect] flexibility wrt helping me manage my sessions. Over the years [ie, obviously including pre-V] but also only a few days ago, i've several times dabbled with Tabs Outliner extension, but i simply find it far too confusing / unintuitive for my feeble mind. Once V includes a fully-optioned session manager UI, V will be even further out in front of the browser riff raff.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.