Mail panel doesn't open
I can see new mail messages then I click the little envelope at the bottom, but when I go to View > Show Mail Panel, nothing happens.
I should also mention, I just upgraded to Vivaldi 4.0
Yes, I'm having the same problem. Can't open the Mail panel at all. Worked fine in the beta.
Same issue. Mail nor Calendar appear in the panel for me to open. The keyboard shortcuts don't work, either. They're all enabled in the settings.
I wonder if this is related to the condition I am observing? If not, then please tell me and I will open a new thread.
"CTR+SHIFT+M" brings up the mail panel, but only the "Compose" button is functional.
Then on further investigation I can see Vivaldi is reporting that the server (Gmail) is offline, which is probably the reason.
Question is: why does the Mail app think the server is offline?
loads icloud mail perfectly on linux/pop os but no mail panel etc on mac. does show I have mail in the mail status on the bottom; just cannot access it.
OK, so that's a little better. The 4.0.2312.25 update allows the mail button to be seen and to work now, albeit in a limited way. But its slower than molasses on a winter's day. It took over 10 minutes to build a text-database from 158,000 emails for one address (I have 8 more). And then when it had built the database for that one email it ignores the directory structure and put them all in one folder (or at least, I couldn't find any other way of browsing them). All of which means, at the moment, Vivaldi Mail still has a way to go before it becomes a useful tool.
Shame, but, I have now deleted the entire 150,000+ email database it imported to my machine. The constant re-indexing slowed down the rest of the browser and made the whole user experience horrible.
I have a near identical problem...
- running Windows 10, 4.0.2312.24 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
- View > Mail Panel (ctrl+shift+M) is ignored (from user point of view)
- same for View > Calendar Panel
- Tools > Mail > displays RSS feeds that I've set up but no email
- I gather this is the same as Vivaldi://Mail, which opens of course as explained above
- vivaldi://settings/mail/ > my gmail account is "verified"
- I also have a Vivaldi email account, also "verified"
- webpanels don't show mail or calendar icons
when I upgraded to V4 yesterday the email "sync" appeared to continue for a few hours then stop, but the Vivaldi CPU% remained around 25% so I eventually killed the process; upon Vivaldi restart the CPU was fine
- I get the occasional "finished indexing" msg along the bottom/ status bar regards email; probably each minute when there is incoming email
- email was working in the technical preview 6 months ago but I gave up on it at the time because it used far too much background CPU, & too often
I've only read this topic so far on "mail panels" so apologies if already solved in another topic; thanks for any help
PS. all fixed after seeing a tip from a similar topic (there are many similar topics
- View > Show Panels (F4)
- right click > check for Mail etc. (was hidden)
Once enabled, View > Mail Panel also shows emails. I don't see why not having Mail as a webpanel affects email in the Mail Panel, but there you have it. I guess it's a beta.
Still having the same issue after installing the macOS 4.0.2312.25 update. The RSS button is the only one that appears for me in the panel, and oddly, only in one of my windows. Mail and Calendar are non-existent.
Yeah, the issue persists on 4.0.2312.25. Clicking on View > Show Mail Panel has no effect.
Works on 4.0.2312.27!