Sync

• Is there a rollout date planned for sync feature?

@panGalacticGargleBlaster:

Is there a rollout date planned for sync feature?

There are no official roll-out dates. Ever. For anything. The official date is WIR (when its ready) Currently Vivaldi team are working on both the server end (setting up a server farm and programming it) and the software end (crafting the code for the browser) per Jon's comments yesterday. We will get it When It's Ready.

Sync is really a Nice-to-have, but the priority currently getting a Final with Mail and Browser as i know.
    Sync needs a big server farm with access for users from mall over the world. Takes time to plan, to finance and to built up ,)
    So stay and wait, please.

• I'm new here in this forum and also new with vivaldi. I use it now since few weeks and find it good.
    The vivaldi syn with a big server farm is a big and hard way.
    Why you don't go the easy way. For example we can add an ftp account in the settings. This ftp account will be used for upload and download the favorites and settings for all vivaldi browser for one user.
    My wish is to save my favorites and settings on my own server with ftp in xml format. So i don't need a big server farm or a cloud system in the background and can host my own settings and favorites on my own server.

Maybe you like this idea.

greetings
    Erkan

Yes, a sync to a own webspace, cloud, FTP, WebDAV is planned (and requested) but for Sync more work has to be done in browser, even for Vivaldis password store.
    Please understand Vivaldi Technologies is not as big as Mozilla or Microsoft or Google and has restricted human resources to add all wishes of users. ;)

• @Gwen-Dragon & other developpers,
    Does the sync feature progress ?
    I need a local (not via the net) feature allowing to merge notes and links "exported" from several PCs.
    This had been done for the old Opera.

Regards,

@ketalar: Yes, sync is progressing.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.