Mail Client

• Simple. Please put the mail client is so we can try it out. Thank you. As long as there is no mail client integrated as it was with Opera before they went crazy, I feel I am forced to stick with Firefox and Gmail. Please, Please,...

@geertlp168:

Simple. Please put the mail client is so we can try it out. Thank you. As long as there is no mail client integrated as it was with Opera before they went crazy, I feel I am forced to stick with Firefox and Gmail. Please, Please,…

They're working on it. UI is still fairly rudimentary and mail operations are not 100% stable. They're not going to let us touch it until it works well and smoothly, and there is negligible risk of our experiencing data loss. If your browser goes haywire, that might not be a very big deal. If your email client goes belly up and loses data that can be a catastrophe for many. So there will be no general public testing of a rough and sketchy email client. Many internal testers are trying it out all the time right now, but we general public will not be exposed to the risk.

The userinterface of the mail client of Vivaldi is missing some features and not ready for public yet.
    Please wait until it is ready.

• is there a timeline? A rough one would be OK too. :whistle:

• @JiZhao:

is there a timeline? A rough one would be OK too. :whistle:

What don't you understand about "When it is ready?"

It means they don't know how long it will take to make it stable. Any suggestion that it might be ready say, in July, or by the end of the year, would not help you one iota. You would still have to wait until it was ready.

The only result of making specific estimates of an arrival date is that people complain if it's not ready on that date. It's not an aeroplane, and even flights get delayed by the weather or other conditions beyond the company's control.

Just wait until it is ready to depart, then get on it. Unlike an aeroplane, you can still get on-board after it departs.

@JiZhao:

is there a timeline? A rough one would be OK too. :whistle:

Jon (the founder) said it would be in the next version after the first stable.

Now the first stable is 1.0.(trailing numbers)

Already, we have the next snapshot, which is numbered 1.1.(trailing numbers)

My guess, since Jon and internal testers are already using the email client, is that it will be introduced into a 1.1 snapshot and will be released to the public with the first 1.1 stable version. It's POSSIBLE, however, that it could show up in 2.0. And that would surely be more than a year from now.

• So, are there any news about mail client in Vivaldi?

@SinMike It's getting better every day. It's still not ready for release. I rely on it more and more all the time.

• @Ayespy said in Mail Client:

@SinMike It's getting better every day. It's still not ready for release. I rely on it more and more all the time.

We would be happy even with screenshots :)

@kurai said in Mail Client:

We would be happy even with screenshots

Testers are not allowed to show you internals.

• @Gwen-Dragon said in Mail Client:

@kurai said in Mail Client:

We would be happy even with screenshots

Testers are not allowed to show you internals.

alt text

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.