New tab behaviour

• When right-clicking a link on a page and selecting "open link in a new tab", I'd like the tab to be created while maintaining focus on the current page. Is that not an option? I can't find it. It's a fairly common behaviour in other browsers, no? I realize there are distinct benefits of the current behaviour but I'm in the habit of reading a page and clicking on links that I will go to once I've finished the page but not before.

• Middle clicking on a link or using the slower contextual menu does the same thing here

The tab is opened in background, which is the obvious behavior.

The same as in opera that introduced that function, which in turn is the common behavior on browsers that copied it.

Which vivaldi version are you using?

• Middle clicking? I don't think I understand what that means. If you mean plain/straight clicking then it is not opening in the background on my version of Vivaldi - it takes me to that page and abandons the original page. I'm using Vivaldi 1.0.344.37

But I have discovered that the Vivaldi right click menu provides the option "open link in background tab" which does what I'm looking for. Opera only has "open link in new tab" but that opens the tab in the background, at least in my setup. It may be an optional setting.

Many thanks for your help!

@Brovig:

Middle clicking? I don't think I understand what that means. If you mean plain/straight clicking then it is not opening in the background on my version of Vivaldi - it takes me to that page and abandons the original page. I'm using Vivaldi 1.0.344.37

But I have discovered that the Vivaldi right click menu provides the option "open link in background tab" which does what I'm looking for. Opera only has "open link in new tab" but that opens the tab in the background, at least in my setup. It may be an optional setting.

Many thanks for your help!

Unbeknownst to some, it it possible to press straight down on the scroll wheel of your mouse to click on something. This is "middle click." When you middle-click a link, it opens in a new tab in the background. If you press ctrl+click this does the same thing.

• @Ayespy:

Unbeknownst to some, it it possible to press straight down on the scroll wheel of your mouse to click on something. This is "middle click." When you middle-click a link, it opens in a new tab in the background. If you press ctrl+click this does the same thing.

Many thanks! I really like the ctrl+click option.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.