Make a version for android

• when your gonna make a version for android?

• @hantar7788:

when your gonna make a version for android?

Please take in account that Vivaldi is not a large company like MS or Google or even Opera.

The financial and human resources are relatively limited so, I think, the mobile version will come but it isn't right behind the corner.

• It's currently in the works. It won't come until after the stable release for version 1.0 comes out. Same goes for features like sync and mail.

• Agreed, gotta fix essentials like sync and mail.
    Fingers crossed. Very exciting to see what Vivaldi can do on mobile devices market. Here's hoping we don't get spied upon. coughchromecough

• @badbodh:

Agreed, gotta fix essentials like sync and mail.
    Fingers crossed. Very exciting to see what Vivaldi can do on mobile devices market. Here's hoping we don't get spied upon. coughchromecough

Speaking of sync, I do have one question though: Will sync have to come out before the mobile version is out? I would normally think so, because you'd want to sync between mobile and desktop, but it's never been confirmed for me. Another thing that's never been confirmed for me is whether or not the mobile version will have mail as well.

• @D0J0P:

@badbodh:

Agreed, gotta fix essentials like sync and mail.

Speaking of sync, I do have one question though: Will sync have to come out before the mobile version is out? I would normally think so, because you'd want to sync between mobile and desktop, but it's never been confirmed for me. Another thing that's never been confirmed for me is whether or not the mobile version will have mail as well.

Obviously if and when a mobile version will be released it will sync.

But until that date sync will be useful to sync between desktop versions and (maybe) with a web access just like happened with the good old operalink.

• One last question from me: Do you think Vivaldi mobile will also have the mail client? I never tried out old Opera mobile, so I wouldn't know, and I wouldn't know if they had a separate mail client for mobile either.

• @D0J0P:

One last question from me: Do you think Vivaldi mobile will also have the mail client? I never tried out old Opera mobile, so I wouldn't know, and I wouldn't know if they had a separate mail client for mobile either.

Probably not. Most mobile platforms are too small to include mail and web in the same interface (hell, it's even a problem with an 11.5" notebook or even a 15" panel display), plus they lack the processing power to keep a browser and email live in the same container without slowing or stumbling.

Mobile Opera never had email.

• @D0J0P:

it's easier to troubleshoot on a desktop should something go wrong. Tough to do it on a mobile device on the move. Looks like vivaldi's target are power users, they're likely to be on multiple desktop platforms anyway (win/nix) so that sync can be tested properly.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.