Dailymotion videos never play

• For some reason any of the Dailymodion never plays. Anyone else having the same problem?

• I experienced the same thing with the BBC news website. It tells me that Flash is out-of-date.
    I installed the latest Flash, restarted everything, and it still doesn't work.

• I am having problem playing certain dailymotion videos, like this one: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k60GwYQEHCXWeVg5E9P. It showed: Looks like we can't play this video in this browser.

I am using Vivaldi 1.0.420.4 (Developer Build) (64-bit)

[attachment=2817]SnapShot-2-3.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• I realise it doesn't help help either of you, but bbc.co.uk/news and dailymotion videos are (still) working for me!?
    Vivaldi 1.0.420.4 (Developer Build) (64-bit)/Windows 10 (64 bit)
    Maybe worth checking the flags settings (see Help/about) - particularly the ppapi-flash-path
    Mine are:

Command Line "D:\Program Files (x86)\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe" –always-authorize-plugins --disable-translate --ppapi-flash-path="C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer64_21_0_0_182.dll" --flag-switches-begin --disable-accelerated-2d-canvas --disable-affiliation-based-matching --enable-cloud-print-xps --enable-gpu-rasterization --disable-multilingual-spellchecker --enable-print-preview-register-promos --wallet-service-use-sandbox=0 --flag-switches-end --enable-smooth-scrolling --enable-tab-audio-muting

Other than that, maybe you have extension(s) which are interfering??
    I only have UBlock Origin & Ghostery installed (atm).

• TbGbe, I tried your method. I checked my command line, disabled ALL extensions, but I still can't play Dailymotion videos. And I just discovered that I also can't play any of the Videomega videos like I used to :( Everything was running so well until I updated to 1.0.420.4. Such a nightmare :pinch:

[attachment=2822]kk.png[/attachment]

[attachment=2823]aa.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• I can see you have "correct" flash player.

Afraid I can't offer any other suggestions - Videomega.tv also works for me (after disabling Ublock).
    There is a new snapshot available Vivaldi 1.0.422.8 but I don't see anything in changelog that may help!?

I suppose you could try changing hardware acceleration:-

chrome://settings/search#hardware

[Note: be sure to type chrome - not vivaldi; this will be changed automagically]
    Other than that - I'm out of ideas.

• TbGbe, I updated to 1.0.422.8 and turned on hardware acceleration as you suggested, and hurrah, it solved my problem – both Dailymotion & Videomega videos are all playable :cheer: Now I can lie back and enjoy my videos. Thank you, TbGbe :kiss:

To VV team (hope you will read this):
    Since my problem is solved, I wanna cancel my bug report no#VB-14244 which was turned in 2 hours ago.

• @Pikaman:

TbGbe, I updated to 1.0.422.8 and turned on hardware acceleration as you suggested, and hurrah, it solved my problem – both Dailymotion & Videomega videos are all playable :cheer: Now I can lie back and enjoy my videos. Thank you, TbGbe :kiss:

To VV team (hope you will read this):
    Since my problem is solved, I wanna cancel my bug report no#VB-14244 which was turned in 2 hours ago.

Usually, problems are solved by turning hardware acceleration OFF! :silly:
    Enjoy your videos B)

• Thanks for hint.
    I marked the bug as resolved in Bugtracker.

• Please make the bugtracker public!

• @vivaldiusertoo Unlikely as the videos linked in this thread still work for me.
    Besides, there have been a lot of video playing problems solved since this thread was "solved".

I suggest you create a new thread giving full details and specify the problems you are seeing and what you have tried to solve it.

• Dailymotion is serving Flash player and not html5 with Vivaldi, I have to change user agent to Chrome or Firefox to get html5 video. In any case it's working.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.