"Delete all feeds" is flawed
I have 200 feeds imported that make 10000 unread messages in total. When I right click on "Feeds" and pick "Delete all feeds", Vivaldi starts reporting on how it is deleting every single message and feed one by one but at the same time it also keeps updating the feeds are not yet being removed at the moment. The whole process looks like a never ending story.
mossman last edited by
@pokemn this is one of many bugs in the feeds reader. The way it works at the moment I spend more time chasing down and deleting duplicate articles than actually reading any.
Really hope feeds get some much-needed attention before mail goes public!
Trent last edited by Trent
If you want to delete everything (including emails stored in M3), you can follow this procedure:
- Go to vivaldi://inspect#apps
- Click on Inspect below the first App on the list, chrome-extension://…/browser.html
- Go to the “Application” tab
- Open Storage -> IndexedDB -> M3v1, click on “Delete Database”
- Close the Devtools window
- Open vivaldi://about, copy the file path to your profile and open it in your file explorer
- Quit Vivaldi
- Delete the folder Mail
- Open the file “Preferences” with a code editor which manage JSON
- Pretty JSON, for example VS Code or Sublime Text
- Remove everything inside Vivaldi -> RSS -> settings and save the file.
- Re-open Vivaldi
All your RSS feeds, accounts, messages and mails are now removed and you can start over a nice and clean session.
Please tell me if you have any trouble, I can make a video of the whole procedure with explanations if it help.