Tab Stacking

• I really like Vivaldi but the Tab Stacking is terrible. Why isn't it like in Opera 12? As in, you can expand and collapse a tab stack while keeping the stack intact. In vivaldi you cannot, and it's very annoying to use.

• Keep in mind that both approaches are different: Just because you can code a feature the way it works in a native way does not mean you can recreate the same 1:1 when doing it in the CSS and Javascript way Vivaldi does.

There will be always differences, that can not be avoided sadly.

• @pmatil:

I really like Vivaldi but the Tab Stacking is terrible. Why isn't it like in Opera 12? As in, you can expand and collapse a tab stack while keeping the stack intact. In vivaldi you cannot, and it's very annoying to use.

I agree that the current implementation is close to unusable. I hope for improvements down the road.

• bump

I agree that opera 12's tab stacking was a lot more usable, because of the ability to expand and contract. A workaround that gets you maybe halfway there, but is still an absolute pain, is to unstack the tabs to expand them, and then shift-select all the tabs and re-form the stack. It's presently too hard to locate the "create stack" and "unstack" functions in the right-click context menu, because they're poorly named/placed

• @Lupum said in Tab Stacking:

A workaround that gets you maybe halfway there, but is still an absolute pain, is to unstack the tabs to expand them, and then shift-select all the tabs and re-form the stack.

A much better solution is to enable Popup Thumbnails and use those to select other tabs within the stack. 0_1492319172373_Tab Stack Thumbnail Previews.png

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.