Browser freezes since Pinned Tabs

• Hi there, First off, awesome browser, really love how much work has spended on this and I love the color changing when visiting different websites. How ever, even though I just used it, I pinned some of my tabs that I mostly use every day / 2 or more times a day. I think since then, that the browser starts freezing at some point and just need to be forced closed. Is there something to fix this with? It's the 32 bit version, on a 64 bit system, not sure if that is the deal, but I saw that the 64 bit version is more experimental than this one. Hope to hear something, thanks!

• How many tabs do you use in a session?
    How many of them are pinned?
    Which content habe the pinned ones? Videos? Which sites?

Did you try new Snapshot 1.0.385.5?

• I have 8 pinned tabs, those are Google+, Facebook, Twitter, 3x inbox (different mails) 2 Fandom website's.

I only have 2 open (normal tabs).

The crash mostly happens when I use twitter or Google+

I also just updated to the 64 bit version, so maybe that will make a change?

@Replic-TuaniOne:

I have 8 pinned tabs, those are Google+, Facebook, Twitter, 3x inbox (different mails) 2 Fandom website's.

I only have 2 open (normal tabs).

The crash mostly happens when I use twitter or Google+

I also just updated to the 64 bit version, so maybe that will make a change?

64-bit version is buggier than the 32-bit one. Further, I personally would never pin a tab that could included embedded video at this point, because Vivaldi is freezing on embedded videos from time to time. Developers are aware of the freeze problem but don't have a fix yet.

• May be this is a known bug, derived from current Chromium base.
    Twitter and Facebook have on Windows 10 issues with embedded videos. That may result in freezes.
    Vivaldi Devs work hard on that fix.

Sometimes disabling GPU and hardware acceleration by adding a command line parameter –disable-gpu --disable-software-rasterizer to value Target in propertiy tab Shortcut of Vivaldi desktop shortcut can help.
    if you start Vivaldi with the desktop shortcut the problem may vanish.

• Alright, will try :)

• Guys, I think this is related to htm5 video scroll freezing. There are simple workaround for Twitter and Facebook that might help until a proper solution is delivered.

Facebook - Click on the arrow on Facebook's blue ribbon and then select the "Settings" option from the drop-down menu that appears. From there, click on the "Videos" heading on the left side of the Setting menu to find the "Auto-Play Videos" option.
    Twitter - Select the "Settings" option from the user account icon in Twitter's header. The "Video Autoplay" option is located under the Setting menu's "Content" heading.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.