Option to change application language – Vivaldi Android Browser snapshot 2252.3

• - Ambassador -

@newscpq: Ah! My brain wasn't working. I fully agree; I think what you're describing is the reason I seldom use the private tabs, so changing that would be great.

Edit: I didn't see an existing request for it on the forum at Vivaldi.net, so you could definitely add a request.

• Vivaldi Translator

I'm still hoping for Vivaldi to support the Android Autofill API.

• - Ambassador -

Here's a problem: tab groups are enabled by default and cannot be shut off, even when disabled in the flag/experiments settings. I know that has cropped up on previous snapshots. Looks like it's back.

• @myronandez said in Option to change application language – Vivaldi Android Browser snapshot 2252.3:

Here's a problem: tab groups are enabled by default and cannot be shut off, even when disabled in the flag/experiments settings. I know that has cropped up on previous snapshots. Looks like it's back.

I noticed the appearance of groups as well - assumed it was a new feature.

I find a tab bar at the top of a narrow phone screen a waste of space so I turn that off - but now with the automatic grouping, using the tab button is confusing and more work than before...

• Capture Full Page creates very low quality screenshot files.

Try this:

• open a long facebook thread of comments (three screens long, for instance) of any post
    • save a screenshot of the full page (that is, of the three screens)

You'll see that the saved file will be at such a low resolution that the contents will be unreadable.

Screenshots saved should create files as big as needed to guarantee a crisp view of the page contents, instead.

Is it something that will be addressed and changed?

Thank you,
    newscpq

• - Ambassador -

The "Follow" is enabled by the flag/experiment "Web Feed." This was enabled by default once my Snapshot updated. Is Vivaldi planning to use this feature more broadly, or is it just a fluke local to my phones? Currently, there doesn't seem to be a way to manage it. Not a pressing matter, I can easily turn it off, but I am curious.

Oddly, this was only enabled by default on a more recent smartphone that I have, running Android 11. My other phone with Android 9 did not enable this by default when I updated Snapshot there.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.