Closing a tab jumps to last tab opened.

• Hi all, Does anyone else think that when the "Cycle in Tab Order" setting is set, that closing a tab should jump to the tab on the right (or left if it doesn't exist)? In effect it would duplicate Chrome's closing tab behavior. And to explain why i would like it this way (other than im just used to it with Chrome): My normal browsing behavior is opening a lot of tabs using middle mouse click from pinned tabs. I then select the first newly opened tab and close them one by one after reading the contents. With the current behavior, after closing a tab, i have to re-navigate from the pinned tab (since it was the last opened tab) back to the next tab i want to read. With Chrome's behavior, closing a tab puts me at the next tab i want to read with no extra input required.

Tab opening/closing/cycling options are still being worked on. The emphasis is NOT and will not be, "how do other browsers do it?" Rather, it will be "How can we let our users choose their own experience?" As it stands, tab options are probably less than half written in this browser.

• That's great to hear, thanks.

I wasn't saying Vivaldi should copy Chrome's behavior just because it is the almighty Chrome :S
    Its just in this case, Chrome does get that behavior right (for me anyway).

• @MWPau:

Does anyone else think that when the "Cycle in Tab Order" setting is set, that closing a tab should jump to the tab on the right (or left if it doesn't exist)?

Not it shouldn't (for me).

• @den_po:

@MWPau:

Does anyone else think that when the "Cycle in Tab Order" setting is set, that closing a tab should jump to the tab on the right (or left if it doesn't exist)?

Do you use "Cycle in Tab Order" or "Cycle In Recently Used Order"?

• @MWPau:

@den_po:

@MWPau:

Do you use "Cycle in Tab Order" or "Cycle In Recently Used Order"?

What a shame. Sorry, I didn't read attentively.

• Vivaldi Team

Next snapshot will have a more normal tab activation behavior in line with other browser, and with an option to fallback to the old behavior.

• Please test new Snapshot 1.0.385.5 from https://vivaldi.net/en-US
    I hope this will solve your problems.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.