Odd right click behaviour on sites that override right clicking:

• I've found that if I very quickly right click and then left click on a page that attempts to override right click behaviour, it causes the browser to go 'back' a page. I assume this is because it is very briefly creating the context menu, and it clicks the 'back' entry in that menu which is the topmost item. However, it doesn't do this on pages which don't suppress the right click button, oddly. Two sites which do this are: YouTube (html5 player shows its own context menu on right click. right click and then immediately left click on the video and you'll likely be taken back to the previous page,) and reactoridle.com (right clicking anywhere should work.) I don't think this is platform specific but I've no way of testing this. I use Arch Linux 64bit, Vivaldi snapshot. If this post is in the wrong place; sorry about that. Couldn't find a more appropriate forum.

• Can't confirm in W10.

I'll try later on manjaro/arch to see what happens

• It might go without saying, but make sure there's actually a page in the history for the browser to go back to.

@Benguin:

I've found that if I very quickly right click and then left click on a page that attempts to override right click behaviour, it causes the browser to go 'back' a page. I assume this is because it is very briefly creating the context menu, and it clicks the 'back' entry in that menu which is the topmost item. However, it doesn't do this on pages which don't suppress the right click button, oddly.

Two sites which do this are: YouTube (html5 player shows its own context menu on right click. right click and then immediately left click on the video and you'll likely be taken back to the previous page,) and reactoridle.com (right clicking anywhere should work.)

I don't think this is platform specific but I've no way of testing this. I use Arch Linux 64bit, Vivaldi snapshot.

If this post is in the wrong place; sorry about that. Couldn't find a more appropriate forum.

You are invoking Vivaldi's "flip" mouse action. Quick left-right=forward, and quick right-left=back.

• I have gestures disabled, and it only does it on sites that suppress the context menu.

• Though, you're correct. If I load a youtube video, and in the same tab then go to another video, I can get back and forth between them using this.

This still seems like a bug however (and is certainly undesirable behaviour to me at least,) as it only seems to work on right-click-suppressing sites, and I have gestures disabled in the settings. Unusual.

• But how come it doesn't work on normal web pages, I.E., this very forum?

@Benguin:

But how come it doesn't work on normal web pages, I.E., this very forum?

On this system (Vivaldi 32 on Win10 64), it does.

• Quite certain. Though, I've discovered that it works but only for going forwards. going backwards is the only one that doesn't work on /normal/ pages. Both work on pages that suppress right click. Unusual. Anyone else running on linux?

• Lots of people running Linux, but myself only sometimes. There is a dedicated Vivaldi for Linux forum - try there.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.