Annoying "border" around the edge of the window; cannot close browser in upper-right corner

• I found the issue, and it's a deliberate design flaw in the common.css file. After a lot of trial and error, since I am not a programmer, I finally pinned it down to a very simple solution which the Linux developers of the Vivaldi browser should implement as the default. Why? Because it will behave the same as their Windows version and as all other maximized desktop applications on Linux and Windows.

So here's the fix, which is just silly when I think about it. For some reason a long time ago the developers decided for the Linux version to push the Min, Max, Close buttons away from the top and right edges by 5 pixels. This tiny bit of padding completely breaks Fitt's law and the parity of practically every maximized application on Windows and Linux. Here's how I fixed it. However, the changes will be undone with each update to the browser, so I beg of the Vivaldi Linux developers to please make my changes the default for common.css. It only improves the workflow and keeps it on par with decades of muscle memory and how we use practically every other application on a desktop or laptop computer.

• Open up /opt/vivaldi/resources/vivaldi/style/common.css

• Search for the follow section:

#browser.linux .window-buttongroup {
      position: absolute;
      right: 5px;
      top: 5px;
    }

• Change the "position away from the top and right edges" from 5px to 0px.

• It should now look like this:

#browser.linux .window-buttongroup {
      position: absolute;
      right: 0px;
      top: 0px;
    }

Now Vivaldi for Linux will behave the same way as any other maximized application, such as Google Chrome, and will use the same muscle memory and workflow as its Windows counterpart. Want to close the maximized window? Throw your mouse cursor into the upper-right corner and click without aiming. Done. No need to use precision to place your cursor exactly over the X button. No need to waste space by switching to the native window manager either. Again, this puts it on par with Vivaldi for Windows as well as Google Chrome for Linux.

• @WindowsToLinux i test this later today. if thats true give this man a medal.
    at the same time im kinda worried that no dev replied some solution earlier. maybe i should stop using vivaldi after having this experience,

• @jasondaigo said in Annoying "border" around the edge of the window; cannot close browser in upper-right corner:

at the same time im kinda worried that no dev replied some solution earlier. maybe i should stop using vivaldi after having this experience,

Three years is just ridiculous. These red flags are the reason why I don't use Vivaldi. I've moved on.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.