Guide | V Dark Menus & Background
Guía en Español
Design, lighting, rest ...
Dark backgrounds facilitate reading and navigation in different areas.
But a dark background may be insufficient:
With this guide will tweak the Background:
And the Menu:
If you like the changes:
+ = -
- Go to
- Search for Dark -
- Enable at preference [*]
Selective of non-imagewould be the most accurate
You can also use or combine with Midnight Lizard or Dark Reader Extension for other colour palettes.
- Locate - at your preference -:
- A Shortcut to Vivaldi - Make a Copy
- The Vivaldi executable - Menu > Help > About - And Generate a Shortcut from Right Button
On the new shortcut to , Right click > Properties
On Target / Command, at the end, add:
There is a space between the closing ["] / [U] and the hyphens [--]
(On Linux, it would be unnecessary depending on the DE and theme)
In case you like to switch Full Bright and Dark without Extensions:
- Copy / Create a VShortcut, add:
- Access the General tab and Rename to preference, Vivaldi - Dark, Vivaldi - Night...
Once it has been verified that it works, you can access it from the different shortcuts depending on schedules or preferences.
Append the following to get Cool Scrollbars:
- This modification is simple, the Profile Copy, as a general rule, is for security
- You can create a Vivaldi Laboratory folder in My Documents for example
- Work from there all the modifications
- Save the links in Favorites and even the corresponding one in each Tweaks folder
- Make regular copies of the Vivaldi Profile
Learn more Chromium commands applicable to Vivaldi:
PeterSH - Some may be incompatible
"Off Topic Tip"
Follow the Signature's Backup | Reset link.
Take the opportunity to start a Backup plan and even create a Template Profile.
- Go to
/ Schedule Shortcut