Screenshot Extensions

• Are there any working screenshot extensions allowing to capture the whole page and to make annotations? I love [i]Nimbus Screenshot and Screencast[/i] on Chrome, Opera. I’ve also been trying alternatives, but they all just don’t seem to work with Vivaldi.

• Don't bother with extensions that work in only one browser.

Install FastStone Capture and have a screen capture program that can capture screen shots and annotate them from any browser or any Windows application. The last freeware version 5.3 is adequate for scrolling web pages. If you need to capture videos for tutorials, the $20 shareware version is well worth it.
    Attachments:

• @mock_turtle:

Are there any working screenshot extensions allowing to capture the whole page and to make annotations? I love Nimbus Screenshot and Screencast on Chrome, Opera. I’ve also been trying alternatives, but they all just don’t seem to work with Vivaldi.

Not sure it's what you mean but vivaldi has the native ability to take notes and add screenshots (and or files) to them.

Did you notice that?

• The notes screen shot is unable to capture the entire page — it just captures the current view. There is also no annotation feature.

• For the past couple of years in my various chromium-based browsers i've used this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/note-board/goficmpcgcnombioohjcgdhbaloknabb?hl=en-US It does not give actual annotation in the fullest sense [eg, can't do on-page free-form sketches etc], but its capability to create & place my own notes directly on the live webpage, & later recall them exactly as i left them when i next visit the page [eg, via a bookmark] make this really helpful for me. The extension has been progressively improved wrt range of functionality over the years; the developer seems pretty active, & from personal experience was very responsive to emails. This extension worked from day one in my non-V chromium-based browsers, but in early V versions would not work at all, or worked spasmodically / unreliably. Happily, for many V SS versions now, for several months at least as best i can remember, it also has worked quite nicely in V (I have not used all its functions, but those i routinely need to use, do work well). Consequently, i use it a LOT. By it tying my notes directly to my chosen webpages, i do not need to maintain my own external indexing system to correlate notes with pages… as soon as i call up my various notated bookmarks, my note returns to the page as well, ie, my normal bookmark hierarchy simultaneously takes care of the indexing. Also, simply by having the extension installed in all one's chromium-based browsers, if one ever needs/wants to, copying these two files [chrome-extension_goficmpcgcnombioohjcgdhbaloknabb_0.localstorage & chrome-extension_goficmpcgcnombioohjcgdhbaloknabb_0.localstorage-journal ] across to the relevant Default folders [Linux: /home/steffie/.config/vivaldi-snapshot/Default/Local Storage/ ; Win10: C:\Users\Steffie\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default\Local Storage] gives you all your notes in all said browsers. I reckon it's pretty cool, & presumably will keep getting even better. The store also has an App version, but i've only ever used the Extension.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.