Remapped keyboard doesn't work

• Vivaldi Translator

Hello, I am using remapped keyboard layout created by Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. After installing Vivaldi v1.0.365.3 Beta x86 remapped keys doesn't work anymore. The characters can't be inserted in the address bar, nor in any formulars or text fields. In previous versions there wasn't any problem. Would be please possible to fix this issue? Thank you very much, R3gi

• Vivaldi Translator

It's working everywhere except MS Office 2010 (there were always problems) and Vivaldi 1.0.365.3 x86. I noticed you're using x64 version, maybe that could be the cause, but it still doesn't explain why it stopped working for me.
    Here is my keyboard package for Czech language, could you please eventually test it in order to find out if the problem is in the package itself or there is other issue?

• Vivaldi Translator

Thank you. Yes, if it's possible, send me your layout so I can test it too. Could you please try also following ninja combos?
    CTRL +
    CTRL + .
    CTRL + ů (key next to the L key)
    CTRL + SHIFT + ů (key next to the L key)

It should give you following symbols:

• Vivaldi Translator

Thanks.
    I've tested it in Vivaldi and when I hold ALT GR + [ ] ; ' \ , . / it writes ăîșțâşţ so I hope it's working. I'll try to reinstall Vivaldi and use the x64 version.
    Please, may I ask you, what program did you use for creating your keyboard layout? Thanks :)

Btw. "Ninja combo" is just a joke :lol: I was thinking of the specific operation when you have to press multiple keys. Sometimes it's not so easy :D

EDIT:
    So I've performed clean installation of Vivaldi v1.0.375.3 x64 and the problem is still present, so the issue is probably in the keyboard or in Windows (as always). Strange is, that it's working almost everywhere except MS Office and the newest versions of Vivaldi. I'll have to try using some better keyboard layout creators than the one from MS.

• Vivaldi Translator

Well, until now it worked in every app (except Office). You're probably right. I've solved it by creating new layout, which uses ALT GR as the access key to my custom characters and now it works even in Vivaldi. (For future visitors: PC restart may be needed after keyboard installation.)
    But I still don't know why it has stopped working in Vivaldi. Doesn't matter, now it's solved.
    Thank you very much for your kind help!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.