Download to nowhere

• In settings, download path I had blank, always save to default location, open Download Panel Automatically Download panel simply shows the files that have been downloaded. It won't tell you where they are. The downloaded file (to -blank- ) cannot be found. I have since specified a download path. But where did the others go? They aren't in C:\

@fritzli:

In settings, download path I had blank, always save to default location, open Download Panel Automatically
    Download panel simply shows the files that have been downloaded. It won't tell you where they are. The downloaded file (to -blank- ) cannot be found.
    I have since specified a download path. But where did the others go? They aren't in C:\

Perhaps they are in the system default "Downloads" folder. You should be able to right-click on any one of them and open the folder they are in.

• Default as defined by what? (xp3)
    I have four instances (by now) of the same file downloaded showing in that downloads panel.
    THe three that went to the null path show "87 MB of 87 MB" whereas the one that did get a path only shows "87 MB" …also, the three null files don't give any result when right-clicking then choosing either open option. It DOES put the download link into the clipboard thank god.
    The properly downloaded file WILL open the relevant folder
    Methinks the null-path files are/were stuck in some buffer somewhere, with garbled filename.
    The repeated downloading of the same file did not throw a "file exists" error .
    Cheers

• I reported this some time ago.

If the default or last download folder (depending on your download settings) becomes unavailable, the downoad happens but the file ends in a limbo (somewhere inside the profile directory).

In that case you can access the file clicking on it but you can't open the file location as normally happens.

Likely that behavior is inherited by chromium, so likely will take some time to be fixed, but be sure the devs are aware of it.

@fritzli:

Default as defined by what? (xp3)
    I have four instances (by now) of the same file downloaded showing in that downloads panel.
    THe three that went to the null path show "87 MB of 87 MB" whereas the one that did get a path only shows "87 MB" …also, the three null files don't give any result when right-clicking then choosing either open option. It DOES put the download link into the clipboard thank god.
    The properly downloaded file WILL open the relevant folder
    Methinks the null-path files are/were stuck in some buffer somewhere, with garbled filename.
    The repeated downloading of the same file did not throw a "file exists" error .
    Cheers

The Windows XP SP3 "Downloads" folder that normally gets installed with Windows is on the root drive or system drive, usually C:///

I had not seen this mystery download destination problem before, so perhaps The-Solutor knows more about it than I. I'm sure you have figured out how to set a default download folder in Vivaldi now, plus set whether or not to automatically always download to that folder, and whether to automatically open the download panel. So the problem should not repeat for you.

• Thanks to you both.
    I did find the files, named Unconfir [2…4] in
    Documents and Settings\fritz\Local Settings\Application Data\Vivaldi\Application\1.0.344.37\

I did set a default download path, wish one could navigate to it rather than typing it in from scratch. I'll find a way of picking up a path into the clipboard one of these years.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.