Renaming Bookmarks

• When I add a new bookmark to the Bookmarks' Pane, it inserts the full web address and I wondered how one sets about renaming these as several different pages start with the same dozen or so characters and it is difficult to distinguish between them in the bookmarks' pane.

@geomowat:

When I add a new bookmark to the Bookmarks' Pane, it inserts the full web address and I wondered how one sets about renaming these as several different pages start with the same dozen or so characters and it is difficult to distinguish between them in the bookmarks' pane.

"Pane" is a fuzzy description for a bookmark management mode. If you mean "Panel," as in the bookmarks managing tool that shows up when you open it from the panel bar, the way to edit the name is by clicking once on the bookmark to highlight it and then clicking on the pencil icon at the top of the panel in order to edit it. Once you have completed your edit, you click on the pencil again to close editing.

If, on the other hand, you mean the bookmark manager one accesses by clicking the "Bookmarks" tab at the top of the Speed Dial page, then in that UI, you merely click on the bookmark. When you do so, you will notice there is an editing dialogue that shows up at the right side of the screen, containing the address, name, etc. By clicking on the name field of that dialogue, you can edit it. The edit remains when you click on another bookmark or close the Bookmarks Manager by selecting a different tab at the top of the page.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.