How do you store and backup huge photo library?

• Vivaldi Team

Hello, Currently, I store all of my photos and videos (family videos taken in camcorder and phones) in a main NAS at home. I take a backup of this once in a while. So I have two or more copies of my library at least majority of them. I was happy with this setup for a while since it allows me to view my photos/videos from any devices at home. (Not so great experience on certain devices though due to badly designed software on that platform. And transcoding video is a long and painful process...) However, I'm starting to reconsider my setup. The problem is mainly a performance. When I access the library in the NAS remotely from my machine, it's pretty slow... I use Mac and run iPhotos for viewing so maybe the way iPhoto handles things cause this slowness. I have about 40GB of photos and 100GB of videos. My main concern is to have speedy access to my photos and videos within a home from multiple devices, and being able to back it up so that I won't loose all my family memories. I am curious to know how people here manage their photos and videos. Do you run a home server or use online storage/back up services? Any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated!

• Vivaldi Team

Hi,

I am actually using Dropbox. And now after you get 1 TB on a basic plan there's room for quite a few photos. I also like the web based photo album interface and sharing options.

• Hello tatsuki,

I usually use OneDrive to backup my photos, videos and docs. OneDrive is easy to use and rich in features. And yea, I used Dropbox too, I really liked it but not using it anymore!

I may suggest you to use OneDrive, Dropbox or Google drive to backup your photo library :)

• Fahadking07

• I'm using Flickr and Picasa, Onerive and GDrive are good for documents, but no so for photos

• i use an app called MobileGo to backup data to a local server. Dropbox and Google Drive are too slow in my area.

• I prefer to backup my photos on computer with Android Mobile Manager tool. What's more, it can backup your phone data like SMS, contacts and media files.

All backed up to my Promise Smartstore NAS with 3 TB RAID, local on our PCs.

• @Werfkjl said in How do you store and backup huge photo library?:

I prefer to backup my photos on computer with Android Mobile Manager tool. What's more, it can backup your phone data like SMS, contacts and media files.

This tool can backup lots of data of your Android.
    alt text

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.