History difficult to use

• It would be great if the history could be displayed in the side panel along with bookmarks, download, etc. When the history was in the side panel it is easy to click my way through the history, looking for something. By having it only in the speed dial, this becomes impossible.

• You might be interested to try this workaround:
    1. Navigate to vivaldi://history
    2. With that as the active tab, create a new web panel & add that as its address.
    3. Now with the history visible on the LHS in the web panel, you can happily look up & down, find each link you want, & use your preferred mouse or k/b commands to open them in the RHS tab view. Iterate this step as much as needed.
    4. Remember not to left-click any of the web panel's history links, as that link will activate in the web panel & so you'll no longer see the history there.

Hope it helps [til the V magicians give us sometime in the future a dedicated History panel icon, like Bookmarks, Downloads, Notes [& Mail, teehee]].

• @Andrew111:

It would be great if the history could be displayed in the side panel along with bookmarks, download, etc. When the history was in the side panel it is easy to click my way through the history, looking for something. By having it only in the speed dial, this becomes impossible.

I second this request. History is a key feature that should be easy to access. Speed Dial is not easy.

• Tried your suggestion. It's workable but less convenient then a deducted web panel because the list doesn't align to the left forcing one to open the side panel quite wide to see the the full ink

• To be more specific, even though I am grateful for this workaround, it's hard to read. The history list not aligned to the left. There is a big gap with the word "Vivaldi" at the top. Also, every history entry is preceded by the time of visit. The time is of secondary importance to the "where." So this forces me to make the panel very wide. And to use this I have to remember to right click and open in new tab.

In other words, it's a valuable workaround while people wait for the real thing, but it's difficult to use.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.