Gmail killed the bird!

• Hey fellas, Merry Christmas! So, I've been running Vivaldi smoothly for a few months now, but after updating to the beta2, something seems to be broken for me. Everytime I go to my gmail account, it loads up fine, and after 5-10 seconds, I get the crash black screen with the dead bird in the middle. I tried clearing my cache/disabling all my extensions/clearing the .config folder/purging and reinstalling. But nothing seems to make a difference. Any idea about what might be the cause? it's pretty annoying because I need to access my gmail account. :dry: I am running a debian Jessie fork (BunsenLabs). I'm not sure if this is specific to me, or if I should file a bug report, so I figured I would ask for community input first. Thanks!

• Try disable ffmpeg if enabled.

Locate libffmpeg.so in /opt/vivaldi-snapshot and rename/remove. Try gmail again.

I had this same problem, and while investigating problems with gif/video it turned out to be a problem with ffmpeg. After disabling it Gmail works again for me, together with gif/video.

• @SSamiK:

Try disable ffmpeg if enabled.

Locate libffmpeg.so in /opt/vivaldi-snapshot and rename/remove. Try gmail again.

I had this same problem, and while investigating problems with gif/video it turned out to be a problem with ffmpeg. After disabling it Gmail works again for me, together with gif/video.

Thanks man, that did the trick!
    But the beta2 seems to have broken the workaround to having h264 support then. Pretty lame, but it's still a beta. :dry:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.