Your favorite Android keyboard.

• Vivaldi Team

Hi, There's tons of alternative keyboards available for Android. I have tried a lot of them and ended up with one that is my go to keyboard. For me it's important to use a keyboard that handles more than one language but there are now quite a few to choose from in that category also. Which one do you use?

• First of all, it's a tablet not a phone - I imagine that makes some difference. It didn't come with some attached keyboard, so I bought a Logitech bluetooth keyboard.

• I can't say that I am using those touchy devices often and I am quite content with the standard "keyboard".

If I were a regular user, I would like to have the keyboard, that was invented by Microsoft when they showed the first XP tablets in … uhm... 2002 or so. There is a video somewhere, where you can see it in action, but I don't find it again, so here the description:
    No rows of keys but 2 quarter circle fields with keys in the lower corners. You could easily hold the device and type with the thumbs, every "key" was in convenient range to hit it. I have seen a similar thing 2 or 3 years ago in the Google store, but some day it vanished and I don't find it again. Anyone?

@sgunhouse: yes - a hardware keyboard is always a good alternative - best full size with numpad - but it is a bit inconvenient to carry around when you are leaving your home :D

• Vivaldi Team

I was very skeptical towards these new smart and predictive keyboards. But after having used one for a while I can now type just as fast on my phone as I can on my laptop. It's incredible how the keyboard really learns from your typing style and habits. These days I find myself pressing "space" quite often since the correct word is predicted for almost complete sentences.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.