When Will You Add An Option To Disable WebRTC?

• This is to me and probably a lot of people one of the main reasons why we left chrome and went elsewhere. When will you give us a snapshot to test disabling webrtc?

• @Pesala:

Ironically, a Google search found this:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webrtc-block/nphkkbaidamjmhfanlpblblcadhfbkdm?hl=en

There is a recent lengthy Wilders Forum discussion running from February 2015 to now, involving whether extensions (ie: WebRTC Block, uBlock Origin, etc) or certain browser settings can adequately block WebRTC in various browsers, especially chromish ones:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/need-alternative-webrtc-block-no-longer-works.373191/

One of the discussion points is whether WebRTC Block works against all aspects of WebRTC leakage, and how effectively. The impression I've gotten is that there remains a lot of debate on the subject. Likewise, browser design evolution seems to offer ongoing risks to a blocking extension's effectiveness. One agreed-upon conclusion is that the most sure approach is using a browser that internally does not support WebRTC at all or else provides effective internal blocking of all aspects.

For users of VPN's, especially in politically-repressive lands, this is all a very serious issue.

• I wonder this aswell. What are our options regarding webRTC? Is there any safe Chrome add on perhaps?

• I was so bothered about this that last year, for a couple of months, i stopped using V as my default browser & adopted Slimjet. In its settings are these:

[attachment=3090]Selection_001_20160408_11:44:08.png[/attachment]

From the moment i first discovered Slimjet, with this native security/privacy feature, i was impressed, given it seems to work ok:

[attachment=3091]Selection_001_20160408_11:49:24.png[/attachment]

…as opposed sadly to V, with which [though i otherwise love it], i feel a bit comparatively vulnerable:

[attachment=3092]Selection_001_20160408_11:56:09.png[/attachment]

So [said with love & respect], c'mon please Devs… if Slimjet can do this, surely so can V.
    Attachments:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.