Loading time is Terrible!

• Why does it take minutes for Vivaldi to open my homepage every time I start Vivaldi. I usually have to start Firefox or Opera12 to get things going. It also seems to be the same with all my cromium based browsers. :angry:

No one knows your webpage. And no one can test it.
    Strange?

• Try disabling the Hardware Acceleration. There were multiple issues with this feature when it was implemented on Chrome/Chromium.

I don't remember exactly what address is the advanced options, but I think it's "about:config". Be sure to not edit something else, you could end up messing up something else.

If you don't find the options, you could try finding on the Internet by searching how to disable it on Chrome, it should be a similar process.

• Don't know if changing that will help - but the setting can be found by entering:

chrome://settings/search#acc

in the address bar.
    Note: be sure to type "chrome" - Vivaldi will change it when you press enter but " vivaldi://settings/search#acc " will NOT work!

• Be sure you aren't starting Vivaldi with 30 tabs opened or so, this is not Opera 12.
    Also be sure your profile is not old.
    I had problems keeping using the same profile for many months,
    switching to a new profile solved many performance issues for me!
    Also be sure you're not running on low hardware specs or in a VM, Vivaldi's interface is not compiled.
    This way it can run the same way on Windows, Linux and Mac using the same code, but it's not as fast as a compiled interface.

• @GinoPerla:

Be sure you aren't starting Vivaldi with 30 tabs opened or so, this is not Opera 12.

Would you say this is and will be a problem for Chromium based browsers? FireFox and Maxthon can cope with that (though Maxthon's session management is horrible), and a browser that can't isn't really usable for me. =/

• @jubuttib:

… Would you say this is and will be a problem for Chromium based browsers? FireFox and Maxthon can cope with that (though Maxthon's session management is horrible), and a browser that can't isn't really usable for me. =/

There is definite controversy over this among various folks. But single-process browsers (FF and Maxthon/IE) seem to require less tab-management-overhead/system-resources than do multi-process browsers (Chromish forks) for many-tab usages, and that seems to equate in some ways to the loading performance of the browsers at startup. That said, there's a lot of room for improvement in all browsers in terms of multi-tab performance. A lot has to do with tab content, with rich-graphics or video/audio/streaming in tabs playing a major role in negatively impacting startup performance.

At present, there are strong arguments that multi-process browser designs provide higher potential security and crash-resistance than single process designs, and browsers all seem destined to move that way (including Firefox) eventually - at least at this point in the state of the art, if only for the security aspects.

The as-yet unknown element is whether Vivaldi can find ways to significantly improve on its multi-tab performance once development begins to really target that area… right now, dev focus has been largely on getting stability and adding features to get the browser to a full-release point.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.