Block Video autoplay

• Is there a way to stop videos from automatically playing in web pages? I don't watch TV and don't want %&^* commercials on my computer either (except when I choose to play them.) Sorry if this has been discussed. Found nothing in searching here.

@iamjohngalt:

Is there a way to stop videos from automatically playing in web pages?
    I don't watch TV and don't want %&^* commercials on my computer either (except when I choose to play them.)

Sorry if this has been discussed. Found nothing in searching here.

You can set this at the Chromium internal page at chrome://settings/content

And, yes, it's been discussed a TON! :P

• @Ayespy:

You can set this at the Chromium internal page at chrome://settings/content.

If that's the case, is similar setting available to block audio autoplay? It sounds reasonable to have one, and if such exists, why there's a need for Tab Audio button? I assume, it was asked for, since at opening some new tabs or saved sessions, certain tabs may start auto playing video and/or audio, despite they aren't active at the moment.

I can see another application for Tab Audio button though, if someone listens to a radio or music playing in a certain tab, and then wants to pause it.

• I can't find any setting in there to disable autoplay for html5 videos, am I missing something or was it just assumed that the topic was for videos played via plugins like Flash?

I did however find a working extension that does this in the chrome web store called "Disable html5 autoplay" or something like that and it's working fine so far for me.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.