REQUEST: Vivaldi App for iOS and Android

• I was wondering if Vivaldi was thinking about making a mobile web browser. I have been using Safari on my Apple Devices for a long time, but I use Vivaldi on my Mac. I think Vivaldi is such a great browser that I would suggest Vivaldi make a mobile app for iOS and Android, possibly Windows Phone. My request would be to still take suggestions from the community. I think would be great for the people who like Vivaldi on their computer and want to have it on their phone or tablet.

• The mobile app is still in development. They are focusing on getting to the final release of the desktop browser before releasing the mobile version. Once they bring out the final release, I'm hoping that it won't be too long before the mobile version is released. I think the first platform they intend to release it on is Android.

My guess is they'd want to also have sync out by the time mobile comes out, so you can sync between the desktop and mobile version of the browser.

@BlazeKing252:

I was wondering if Vivaldi was thinking about making a mobile web browser. I have been using Safari on my Apple Devices for a long time, but I use Vivaldi on my Mac. I think Vivaldi is such a great browser that I would suggest Vivaldi make a mobile app for iOS and Android, possibly Windows Phone. My request would be to still take suggestions from the community. I think would be great for the people who like Vivaldi on their computer and want to have it on their phone or tablet.

It's been made clear from the beginning that Vivaldi is going to focus first on their multi-platform desktop browser, and then also develop a mobile browser. The very first stable version of the desktop browser is not out, and the first stable version will not even be complete (won't contain integrated email, etc.) but as soon as the desktop version is at least at a break-even point financially, something like a couple million reliable users, I presume they can begin to hire developers for the mobile version (which, being based on Google's Chromium, might first be available, it seems. for Google's Android platform.) I recall clearly that Opera had a mobile browser for a long time, but it was not available on iOS. Why? Apple actually would not ALLOW them to distribute it thru the Apple store. When an iOS version is developed, the next hurdle will be for Vivaldi to convince Apple to allow them to distribute it.

• Okay I see. I can't wait for the mobile app!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.