v3.5 tabs freezing, every new empty tab freezes, switch to others not possible, no GUI responses
FBorrmann last edited by A Former User
since v3.5 my browser is not working as expected any more and consumes much time for waiting.
The situation is the following:
- Browser opening with all last opened tabs. All are filled with current loading. No one is signed as unread.
- doing some work in these tabs, than do pause for a while
- trying to open a new tab and than this happens very often:
When i open a new tab, this is not directly opening and than it hat no function for a while. New tabs open the "Schnellwahl". I testet it with empty new tabs instead of "Schnellwahl" and the result is the same.
In that case the menu is completly responding, each menu items opens but on select nothing happens.
In that case no switch to any other opened tab is working.
Vivaldi-Setting-PopUp via Button can be opened and is working.
After some time, the new tab has a function and something can be entered in the adress/searchbar.
When this works, all other tabs are working well again.
This kind of spending time for waiting for a hanging browser is currently not very funny.
I have this new v3.5-feature on all of my machines:
1 on work with homeworking and in the company, (Kaspersky Enterprise Security)
2 others at home (Bitdefender Security)
This is definitely no problem with WLAN, cause I'm working everytime with fixes LAN-connections.
I was very happy with v3.4. This was very handy and had the fastest response of all browsers.
Any hints appreciated.
FBorrmann last edited by FBorrmann
Currently testing some things mentioned here https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/54209/netflix-is-heavily-laggy-since-the-last-update/13
now tested so far: Hardware Accelerator must be switched OFF and browser needs a restart
any animations don't matter
sorry, after some happy hours it suddenly has come back again and is worse than before; no matter with or without HWA and animations
now with that problem again, i found out how to decrease waiting times:
when focussing vivaldi, often nothing seem to happen (new tab, tab switch and more)
but when defocussing (clicking on the desktop) and than focussing vivaldi again, it does what you want
very strange =8-(
with current release 3.6.2165.34 (Stable channel) (64-Bit)
all problems are gone.
Wow, how fast it is now... (again)
zapominai last edited by
try disable block adverts and tracking