A bunch of new features – Vivaldi Android Browser snapshot 2107.3

• Vivaldi Team

Today’s snapshot introduces clear data on exit, possibility to disable WebRTC Broadcast IP, options to sort and reorder notes and bookmarks.

Click here to see the full blog post

👏👏👏

• [Menus] History on long press of the back button in Vivaldi menu VAB-2688

You are amazing V-Team, thank you very much! 🥳

Fine 👍

Now i am waiting for 3.5 Desktop Snapshot 😉

• [New] Add option to clear data on exit VAB-961
    [New] Allow disabling WebRTC Broadcast IP on mobile VAB-2293

Yes!! ♥ 💕

[Menus] History on long press of the back button in Vivaldi menu VAB-2688

Doesn't look good (Address Bar at Bottom, dark theme), menu inside menu, very confusing.

But there is an android back button??

Is it intentional that V-menu is activated by a long press? Because it obviously conflicts with swipes on the panel.

• Thanks for fixing a minor problem
    Screenshot_20201116-183107.jpg

• @Gwen-Dragon That's the thing I've been waiting for since the last desktop snapshot came. Didn't want to update to the last one because of the bugs and regressions.

• @stardust: "But there is an android back button??"

Not if you navigate by navigation gestures.

• @Gort right, didn't think about gestures

• @mariap Clearing data on exit is great, that was one of my requests. But its usefulness is being diminished without providing an accompanying exception/white list for specific domains. I hope this is planned too.

• - Ambassador -

Thank you! I especially love the WebRTC/IP broadcast toggle, and clear data on exit option. Now, I can't think of any feature on another browser that competes with Vivaldi. Thanks again!

• My only wish left is that I don't have to reach my finger too high above to close tabs in Tabs Manager (yes I know tab bar is a thing but still...)

• @NguyenNam here is a FR https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/53074/easier-to-reach-tabs

I like the Firefox for android implementation.
    Check this out:

alt text

• By the way, why can't be notes opening in a tab? Would be much nicer that the current convoluted way to access them.

• Can support android autofill?

• Clearing data on exit has just surprised me. Is this a bug, or intended behaviour? If intended, then i request that the design be changed.

In Settings, for this new option, i have all boxes ticked [same as always for the older setting we've had for ages]. When i have finished my browsing session & then close V, it then appears to be doing what i expected [albeit, i do wish that during its Closing process it would place a brief screen notice that it is clearing my data, like Firefox does].

However, this morning for the first time since this new feature arrived, upon the next V launch i chose to not browse, but instead press the V icon, then press the "Recent tabs" option in the dropdown menu. Obviously i expected this to be empty, as that is aka "History", which was supposed to have been cleared already.

It was not empty, holding instead a plethora of prior tabs. What?

When i expanded it to "Show full history" [which by definition should be empty], the damn thing gave me many dozens of tabs spanning the past three days.

Unhappy.

More info:
    Manually clearing it all out, still works fine. That's what i've done for all the months prior to this new feature, as my final act before then closing V. I stopped doing this once i'd upgraded to the new version, as i trusted that this new feature was working as expected. Afaik that probably explains why that history went back 3 days. I've now manually cleared it again, but it seems that until this bug is fixed or the design is changed, this will be an ongoing task.

• @Steffie

Seems working fine for me, no history

• @Stardust Ta for testing & replying. Unfortunately then it appears that you & i are experiencing entirely opposite results. Prior to my post today i tested it three times. I retested it after writing the post but before actually posting it. Having just read your reply now i have tested again.

100% of my tests have given the identical outcome; V's new feature to supposedly clear data on exit, for my phone [2014 Motorola Moto G, 2nd Ed, Android 6], is NOT removing the History. For me the only way which works, is to continue manually clearing it before i close V, ie, for me, this new feature might as well not exist.

How can we understand these opposite outcomes?

• @Steffie said in A bunch of new features – Vivaldi Android Browser snapshot 2107.3:

How can we understand these opposite outcomes?

alt text

What about cookies, cached images, open tabs?

alt text

• @Stardust said in A bunch of new features – Vivaldi Android Browser snapshot 2107.3:

What about cookies, cached images, open tabs?

Pls note this from my OP:

@Steffie said in A bunch of new features – Vivaldi Android Browser snapshot 2107.3:

In Settings, for this new option, i have all boxes ticked [same as always for the older setting we've had for ages].

Ie, your pic is identical to my settings, per my OP.

I have absolutely no proof of this; it's purely wild speculation... but i wonder if V's design of this new settings relies on some Android capability not present in my comparatively old version [6] ?

If nobody else is able to confirm this problem, then i suppose i can't really proceed to officially raise it via a Bug Report.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.