Vivaldi Performance on older PCs

• I still use one of those older PCs for daily work. And therefore I just wanted to mention the fact that, as of now, in a direct comparison, Vivaldi is more resource hungry than Firefox on this machine. Tested on: Win XP 32bit SP3 Pentium4, 3.2GHz, 3GB RAM GF 7300 GT Vivaldi 1.0.303.52 (Beta) (32-bit) Firefox 42.0 While CPU usage of Vivaldi is slightly higher, the difference in RAM usage is more dramatic since Firefox reserves half as much RAM. PS: Yes, that PC, if installed right, works like a charm for most daily tasks.

• The problem is that Vivaldi is a new web browser that will consistantly use the resources in your box. With only 3GB of RAM which Windows XP 32-bit can only address 4.294GB of RAM and a terribly slow GPU and CPU you are NOT going to experience the same type of performance as someone who, for example, has an i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz, 32GB DDR4-3200 Ram, and a modern GPU such as my 2GB nVidia GTX 760 or better. Upgrade your computer the 1st chance you get.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.