Chromium project

• Is Vivaldi using the "Chromium project"? I sure hope not because that is why I don't use Chrome or Opera. Please let me know.

• Vivaldi using almost the same engine than chromium

• Oh well, I guess I'm going back to Firefox! :S

If you are concerned about Chromium beeing malware you should only use Firefox! The you stay safe.
    Bye, and have a good time with the Mozillas.

• I am not concerned about chromium being malware! I just don't like chrome or the new opera because they both use chromium. I was hoping for a browser that didn't have to copy other browsers like Firefox and the old Opera!!

ps…gwen, you need an attitude adjustment!!!

@Wyzard:

I am not concerned about chromium being malware! I just don't like chrome or the new opera because they both use chromium. I was hoping for a browser that didn't have to copy other browsers like Firefox and the old Opera!!

ps…gwen, you need an attitude adjustment!!!

It doesn't have to "copy other browsers." It has to use a web engine that is already being developed by someone else, because a) they lack the manpower to build their own and b) web compatibility is paramount, given what happened to Presto. That leaves Webkit, Trident or its offshoots, Gecko, and Chromium. Those are their choices. After a long period of discussion and debate, they settled on Chromium (Blink) for a number of technical and commercial reasons. Sorry you don't like this. In their eyes, EVERY engine had both advantages and liabilities and Chromium had more of the former and fewer of the latter, so it got chosen.

• Thank you guys for all the replies! I will keep Vivaldi and hope it does not follow chrome and the new opera.

Apologize for my short reply. But i thought, you like Firefox and its open development, and my idea was you should stay with it.

Vivaldi Technologies and browser will not follow Chrome and Opera. Vivaldi Tech is independant. They use only the open source codebase of Chromium and enhance the base with onwn ideas and features. And some/most of these features remember of old Opera 12 days as Jon von Tetzchner, the CEO of Vivaldi, was one of its creators.

Vivaldi will never be a copy of new Opera or Chrome. And that should make us happy to get something new. ;)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.