[Improvement] Search Bar overlapping page

• Heyhey, i would like to suggest, to give the search bar (ctrl+f) its own space, moving the loaded site down for the place the search needs. At the moment, when you search (ctrl+f) the bar overlaps most of site navigation bars. So you have to click away the search bar, if you want to click a link/button on the site's top. Sometimes it even covered it up completely, and i ended up looking for the ยง(/%$& navigation of the site, until i finally realized it was there all the time, but just overlapped by the search. Would give it 4 thumbs up (including the feet), if this would be implemented. best regards, Vayu

• The recent snapshot 1.0.334.3 already changed exactly that behavior to what you're asking for. ("VB-5475 Find-in-page bar overlaps page content")

(You can get the most recent development snapshots from the vivaldi.net main pageโ€“ click on the Vivaldi Community link in the top left and click the link on the right of that page under where it says "Latest Snapshot".)

• ah thanks for the info โ€ฆ too bad i cant use the snapshot, because of the black/blank pages bug ๐Ÿ˜ž

gotta wait then...

• You tried the latest snapshot, and got a black/blank pages bug? What, something like what I described here? (As described in that thread, I was able to work around that by creating a new profile.)

Not everyone has the black/blank pages bug. I don't.

• Ah, I see, you mean what's mentioned by cyro, Segaist, and vayu in the Snapshot 1.0.334.3 team blog thread. It sounds like it may be somewhat different than what I previously experienced โ€“ I see no mention of flickering or UI elements blacking out.

• Vivaldi Team

Hi all,

the "black/blank pages bug" is known, we can reproduce it now and working to fix it. Stay tuned! ๐Ÿ™‚

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.