Help: My Vivaldi experience/feedback

• Hey guys! I'm new to this browser, but I'm loving it so much, I can't tell how excited I am. I'm currently using Ubuntu GNOME 15.10. Ok, so the features look really cool, I love the f2 command, the sidebar, etc, pretty much, everything. I'd like to give my feedback on some problems you guys might solve. 1. [b]Thumbnail GONE:[/b] Basically, do you see the side panel? Where we got Bookmarks, Downloads, Notes, etc.; I added a Web Panel for Google Translate and a few more. The Google Translate however, has his thumbnail missing sometimes (replaced by a blank page), for no reason. The others have their thumbnail untouched. 2. [b]Quick Commands Delay:[/b] this is by far the most annoying thing on the browser. I don't know if it's meant to be this way, but it sucks completely. When I'm at a page that's still opening and press a shortcut, the command will wait for the page to open AND THEN will run the command. This is awful. When I have like 5 pages open and a sixth still opening if I press Ctrl+W, for example, I'll have to wait for it to open to be closed. And when it's opening for minutes and I close it in the tab's [X], it will close and then apply the Ctrl+W command on the next tab, closing a tab I'd want open. 3. [b]Tab Switch is hard with these shortcuts:[/b] Is there a way to switch tabs from left to right, besides Ctrl+3 and Ctrl+4? It's a big stretch to my fingers and less intuitive than Chrome's method (Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab). Is there a way to personalize the shortcuts? 3. [b]Vivaldi stays in background when I open a link:[/b] When I'm at Skype and press a link someone sent me, Vivaldi shows up, but it's running in the background. The problem is if I press Alt+F4, because it's running on background, despite being on the top of my screen, Vivaldi won't close but Skype will. I'd have to click anywhere on the browser, and then Alt+F4. So I can't tell when Vivaldi is running in background and when will the shortcuts be applied to Vivaldi or other program. 4. [b]There's no History page?! :[/b] Like... Where is it? I can't find it. I'd like to see a History of my previews acceded websites. 5 [b]Bugs with some video players:[/b] I've identified bugs with at least 2 different video players. I have already report them and am expecting a response. So, is there any problem you guys can solve? Should I give my feedback to the Vivaldi team? Or will they see this post? Thank you so much!

• Vivaldi Team

@Jataki:

Hey guys! I'm new to this browser, but I'm loving it so much, I can't tell how excited I am. I'm currently using Ubuntu GNOME 15.10.
    Ok, so the features look really cool, I love the f2 command, the sidebar, etc, pretty much, everything. I'd like to give my feedback on some problems you guys might solve.

1. Thumbnail GONE: Basically, do you see the side panel? Where we got Bookmarks, Downloads, Notes, etc.; I added a Web Panel for Google Translate and a few more. The Google Translate however, has his thumbnail missing sometimes (replaced by a blank page), for no reason. The others have their thumbnail untouched.
    2. Quick Commands Delay: this is by far the most annoying thing on the browser. I don't know if it's meant to be this way, but it sucks completely. When I'm at a page that's still opening and press a shortcut, the command will wait for the page to open AND THEN will run the command. This is awful. When I have like 5 pages open and a sixth still opening if I press Ctrl+W, for example, I'll have to wait for it to open to be closed. And when it's opening for minutes and I close it in the tab's [X], it will close and then apply the Ctrl+W command on the next tab, closing a tab I'd want open.
    3. Tab Switch is hard with these shortcuts: Is there a way to switch tabs from left to right, besides Ctrl+3 and Ctrl+4? It's a big stretch to my fingers and less intuitive than Chrome's method (Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab). Is there a way to personalize the shortcuts?
    3. Vivaldi stays in background when I open a link: When I'm at Skype and press a link someone sent me, Vivaldi shows up, but it's running in the background. The problem is if I press Alt+F4, because it's running on background, despite being on the top of my screen, Vivaldi won't close but Skype will. I'd have to click anywhere on the browser, and then Alt+F4. So I can't tell when Vivaldi is running in background and when will the shortcuts be applied to Vivaldi or other program.
    4. There's no History page?! : Like… Where is it? I can't find it. I'd like to see a History of my previews acceded websites.
    5 Bugs with some video players: I've identified bugs with at least 2 different video players. I have already report them and am expecting a response.

So, is there any problem you guys can solve? Should I give my feedback to the Vivaldi team? Or will they see this post?
    Thank you so much!

Hi Jataki!

Thanks a lot for your reporting. Of course, we had read your post just after you had published it :-)
    Unfortunately, we are a small team and can't answer to each comment or post - in this case we should stop the browser developing :-)

Well, the most of problems that you reported already in process of fixing. Thanks to you and other reporters.

About "History" page - you can find it right on your Speed Dial (see on the top of Speed Dial page): Speed Dial - PLUS - Bookmarks - History

• Thank you so much for answering!
    I'm so sorry, I thought you guys had a client support set for these situations! Truly sorry!
    Thank you again!
    Quick suggestion: add the History page to the Quick Commands! That'd be really useful!
    Thank you once more, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer, all the best to you!

• I switched to Vivaldi about 2 months ago and I was absolutely happy as it was so much faster than any other browsers that I tried before. I also loved the new colorful stuff that came with the updates and the sub-tab thingie.
    But
    I don't know exactly after which of the recent updates it happened, but Vivaldi became extremely slow!

And I still have to start another browser for playing some kinds of videos.

Also, downloading does not work well at all. First, I cannot pause it. Then, if the download has been interrupted, I just have a piece of a file/folder and the rest cannot be added. I have to restart the whole ting. And even when I leave the browser running overnight for downloading big pieces of stuff, in the morning it appears to be successfully finished (according to the download side tab), but when I check in my downloads folder, some things are missing! And there is no way to check which, unless I go through everything one by one.

This last issue and the speed will probably be the reason I switch back.
    It's a shame, because I was loving this browser so much in the beginning, and recommending to people around me, but now I myself cannot use it and be happy with it anymore :(

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.