[solved] Vivaldi lost thumbnails of sites

• vivaldi-snapshot Vivaldi 1.0.334.3 (Beta) dev (64 бит) Version 9ae925ff17ca36e328d999851001d0b9dae32e33 OS Linux Blink 537.36 (@0) JavaScript V8 4.7.80.17 Flash 17.0.0.169 Ubuntu 14.04 x64 Vivaldi lost thumbs of sites. It writes to console: [7472:7509:1128/110423:ERROR:connection.cc(1324)] TopSites sqlite error 13, errno 0: database or disk is full, sql: SELECT url, url_rank, title, thumbnail, redirects, boring_score, good_clipping, at_top, last_updated, load_completed, last_forced FROM thumbnails ORDER BY url_rank, last_forced But hdd has 4Gb free space. And RAM 16Gb. My Top Sites file https://yadi.sk/d/8RO0F--wkoTQo

I hope you know this file contains private data.

And you can safely delete it, Vivaldi will create a new one. Top Sites had a bug before and the bug probably kept on yours, deleting the file will create a new one without this bug.

• I don't have private data in vivaldi. But thank you for the warning. I removed Top Sites file from share.

About bug in Top Sites. Yes I tryed remove Top Sites. I have ~250 links on speeddial. When I create the thumbs to this links and restart vivaldi, it don't show this thumbs and whrite to console "TopSites sqlite error 13".

Try clearing all Private Data (Ctrl+Shift+Del), then close Vivaldi, delete Top Sites file and then restart Vivaldi and try recreating the thumbs.

• why you blocked my account "Rabotyahoff"?

• After my post you block my account.

• How to reproduce this bug

1. Last version of vivaldi-snapshot 1.0.340.7.

2. Remove old vivaldi profile
    3. Run vivaldi-snapshot and press "refresh thumbs" button for all bookmarks.

4. Waiting when it makes all thumbs. In this time vivaldi writes to console
    [14735:14735:1205/201218:ERROR:sync_control_vsync_provider.cc(62)] glXGetSyncValuesOML should not return TRUE with a media stream counter of 0.
    [14735:14735:1205/201252:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(14033)] [.Offscreen-MainThread-0x339c175c3420]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_OPERATION : glCreateAndConsumeTextureCHROMIUM: invalid mailbox name
    [14735:14735:1205/201252:ERROR:gles2_cmd_decoder.cc(7430)] [.Offscreen-MainThread-0x339c175c3420]RENDER WARNING: texture bound to texture unit 0 is not renderable. It maybe non-power-of-2 and have incompatible texture filtering.

5. Close browser.
    6. Run it again. It writes to console
    [17607:17643:1205/201437:ERROR:connection.cc(1324)] TopSites sqlite error 13, errno 0: database or disk is full, sql: SELECT url, url_rank, title, thumbnail, redirects, boring_score, good_clipping, at_top, last_updated, load_completed, last_forced FROM thumbnails ORDER BY url_rank, last_forced
    [17607:17607:1205/201439:ERROR:browser_plugin_guest.cc(456)] Attempting to require callback on nonexistent surface

and speeddial looks like this

I'll let the team know about the bug and your account.

For now, just create thumbs for your SD and not for all your bookmarks.

Edit: It would be good to know how many bookmarks you have in total.

• It would be good to know how many bookmarks you have in total.

Default vivaldi profile has 98 bookmarks

• up
    the bug is still present

Did you try Lastest Snapshot?

• yes

• The bug present in last snapshot 1.0.418.3

• video with this bug
    https://youtu.be/ETLv3olhkQU

• The error message says: database or disk is full,

Could you check if in the location where Top Sites file is you have enough space on the disk.
    Also it would be helpful if you observe how size of the Top Sites file changes. For example is it always growing (means it gets corrupted), or it reaches some size and does not grow further. Does after each deletion it reaches the exact same size?
    Please investigate in details and write here the numbers regarding how the file size behaves on further starts, closing of the browser and thumbnail updates. Thank you.

• Disk has more then 65Gb of free space.
    Top sites size

1. default size 151.6 kb
    2. add 14 thumbs - 7.6 Mb
    3. remove all 14 thumbs - 7.6 Mb
    4. add one more (now only 1 link on speeddial) - 7.9 Mb
    5. and add one more (now 2 links on speeddial) - 8.5 Mb (and now vivaldi can't show thumbs)

I tested it some times. And I see vivaldi lost thumbs when "Top Sites" beacomes more then 8 Mb.

• Thank you Rabotyahoff. These details are very helpful.
    Just an idea - could you test does the corruption happens after exceeding 8MB if you have on Speed Dial only vivaldi.com subpages, or you set as Speed Dial any of the default folders from Bookmarks? I assume you test always with the same set of URLs on Speed Dial. Little chance the corruption may be triggered by some specific URL on your Speed Dial, but good to check.

• On last snapshot 1.1.443.3 dev (64)

I added to speeddial only https://vivaldi.com
    25 links - Top Sites 7.5 Mb - works fine
    30 links - Top Sites 8.6 Mb - works fine
    31 links - Top Sites 8.9 Mb - bug

• Thank you!

• Hi Rabotyahoff.
    Do you still have the same issue - after exceeding 8MB, the thumbs are getting disappearing / the file is getting corrupted apparently?

Could you also test it again (delete Top Sites file so that it gets created afresh) in the latest build 470? There have been some improvements made in storing thumbs in the Top Sites file. Maybe they helped in your case. Which is still very rare, you are the only one I've heard of to encounter it, but hopefully we will manage to get to the bottom of it and get it resolved.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.